1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Programme on Saxon Gold hoard

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Born_in_Crewe, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

You may remember a few months back a posted a thread about a large hoard of Anglo-Saxon gold being found out of the blue in a field in Staffordshire, England. I also mentioned that this had been indirectly prophecised at a prayer meeting in North Staffordshire a few months earlier.

Anyhow there was a programme on British TV about it last night, which can be viewed here for those who are interested:
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/saxon-gold-finding-the-hoard

Unsurprisingly, there's no mention of the prophecy as its a secular TV channel but it was an interesting show.

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Interesting. I don't remember the original post. Were you present at the prayer meeting?

3. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

No I wasn't present at the prayer meeting, but apparently the prophecy at the meeting caused a bit of a stir in local Christian circles in Stoke (about 15 miles down the road) even before the gold discovery. When I get the chance I'll post a link to the original thread.

4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

This could motivate me to start digging up my back yard in search of the lost Shawnee Silver Mines. ;)