1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prop. 8's ripple effect - Christians still persecuted

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    n the aftermath of Proposition 8's victory in California, many violent incidents have been directed at Christians.

Bill Donahue Catholic LeagueBill Donohue of the Catholic League tells OneNewsNow about the latest act of vandalism -- this time in San Francisco. "Gays trashed a Catholic Church in the Castro district, which is the gay community, by putting swastikas on the church with the name of the pope and the archbishop from San Francisco," he explains. "All done to protest the church's rejection of gay marriage."

More Here

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I think the title of the thread is misleading. This isn't wholesale persecution of Christians. Rather it is the act of vandals, who no more represent all gay people than Fred Phelps represents all Baptists.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the definition of persecution is that every Christian must be persecuted at the same time or it fails to meet the definition? You are always quick to oppose the idea that there is any persecution of Christians in the US. Wonder why?

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Really? Show me where. Give some examples of where I have done so. You won't find any. Wonder why? They don't exist except in your imagination.

As to your definition, it is just that. Yours, not mine.