1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Protests against Wall Street spread across US

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Oct 4, 2011.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

A permit to walk on the city streets? The Republicons would love to have the cities issue walking/standing permits.

Or how about a "CHURCH OF CHRISTIAN SOCIAL JUSTICE." That would cause a blanket permission to be generated.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a sidewalk walk, it is total disruption of traffic on sidewalks and streets, last time they blocked a freeway. Along with that were the fires, broken windows and other anarchy.

Of course this one is going to be "peaceful" but I'm not holding my breath.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This isn't prooftexting. It's the premises undergirding the parable that are illuminating. You may have missed them. Here's a simpler one. Thou shalt not covet anything that is thy neighbor's. And, in case you miss this too, to say you desire "economic justice" is simply another way of saying you covet what others have.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There is one in Houston and no permit is required. This is going to increase with violence as the time of the Lord grows near and the church grows more rebellious and continues to fall away.

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But if the 'other' is a greedy so-and-so who arrogates to himself way way more than he needs at the expense of others, it most certainly is not coveting to demand that that grave injustice be redressed. God doesn't think so either - read Amos if you don't believe me.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who "arrogates" to himself anything of another's, whether he needs it or not, is a thief. Thus another Scriptural principle: thou shalt not steal. The question is ownership and slavery.

#46 Aaron, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
  7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I find this discussion amusing. Ben Franklin would likely weep.