1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Protests As New Jersey Declares Flu Vaccines Mandatory

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Oct 17, 2008.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hundreds of concerned parents participated in demonstrations outside the New Jersey Statehouse yesterday in protest of the State’s decision to mandate flu vaccinations for young children.

Protesters also turned out to support a bill that would allow for conscientious objections to forced vaccinations, arguing that medication should be the choice of the parent not the government.

New Jersey’s health department has indicated that it is strongly opposed to such legislation, stating “Broad exemptions to mandatory vaccination weaken the entire compliance and enforcement structure”.

New Jersey’s policy was approved last December by the state’s Public Health Council and is taking effect this fall, reports the Daily Texan.

Children from 6 months to 5 years old who attend a child-care center or preschool have until Dec. 31 to receive the flu vaccine, along with a pneumococcal vaccine.

Watch a CBS short on the protests:

I know what your thinking...Prison Planet? Hey try and find this kind of information in the corporate media. Good luck.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Looks to me like the government trying to take parents out of the picture when it comes to making decisions for children, infringing on their rights as parents. This can never be good.

3. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It should be noted that the requirement is for children who attend day care and preschool. If you do not want your child to have the flu shot, you do not have to place them in a day care or preschool.

Associated Press: NJ flu-shot mandate for preschoolers draws outcry

As a health care worker, I am also required to have many vaccinations, largely for my own benefit but also for the patients I come in contact with.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

I guess the alternative to government control of your family is to quit work so you don't need day care.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Been gone for several years, so I honestly don't know. Don't school districts over there require some vaccinations before a child can enter school? Is the issue the flu vaccine, or vaccinations in general.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

There are circumstances for which vaccinations are not required for school, but can't recall what they are.
    A person should have the right to decide if they want to have their child recieve a flu shot. As I've been reading online there are dangers to it, some of the ingrdients are not good.
    My grandmother had a flue shotevery year, and every year got the flu, it never worked for her, and I've heard a lot fo people say it didn't work for them. I've never had a flu shot and only occasionally, every 3,4,5 years get flu, and it's never bad. My husbands never had a flu shot and never gets flu, maybe 3 or 4 times in our 28 year marriage.
    I think parents should be allowed to make medical decisions for their children, not the government. Once governement starts dictating how you raise your kids how far does it go?
    http://www.articlecity.com/articles/health/article_366.shtml
    http://www.vaclib.org/basic/fluindex.htm

7. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    An fyi there is a high mutation rate in the flu virus and it is only possible for the shot to cover some of the more common strains from the previous flu season.

For seniors, it is important to get the flu shot because many die every year from influenza.

The site Rx list has good information for two of the brands of flu vaccines
    Fluvarix
    Fluvarin

#7 Gold Dragon, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been going on for decades.

School districts require many innoculations to even register for school and have for many years.

The flu, as with many other diseases that innoculation is required for, is highly contagious and potentially deadly for children.

What's the big deal?

9. billwald

billwald New Member

The DPT and polio shots have been around and well known for 60 years. Polio shots have a relatively high risk but I'd rather be dead than live 50 years inside an iron lung.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The "big deal" is they tell us there is a law when there isn't.