1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Prove it wrong: There is not one verse about predestination to salvation

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by George Antonios, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Precisely, and that's what the OP showed.

2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Van,
    Believe the words, please:

" The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, [is] from the Lord.
    2 All the ways of a man [are] clean in his own eyes; but the Lord weigheth the spirits.
    3 Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.
    4 The Lord hath made all [things] for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
    5 Every one [that is] proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord: [though] hand [join] in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
    6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged:and by the fear of the Lord [men] depart from evil.
    7 When a man’s ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
    8 Better [is] a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.
    9 A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.
    " ( Proverbs 16:1-9 )

"All things for Himself" means "all things"..."for Himself".
    If you're going to accuse someone of having bogus doctrine and of deflecting and obfuscating, then what you're doing is accusing them of not understanding the Scriptures.
    The Lord knows that I'm not perfect, and neither are you.
    That's where forgiveness comes in, and gracious treatment of one another also comes in.

Now is your chance to show the reader how you understand it and to correct them, lovingly, for being in error.;)

What does the passage above say, line by line?

#82 Dave G, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  3. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you claim salvation outside of Jesus Christ for people who do not know as in their ignorance?
    That is the spirit of AntiChrist. Jesus tells us He is the only way to the Father. There is no salvation outside of having your name written in the book of Life of the Lamb of God.

Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

I can see by what you wrote your deflecting from the truth.

4. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is about salvation of the person, as it ends in their glorification with Christ. it is also called the golden chain of redemption.

30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Justified by God means your sins are forgiven and your saved.

Romans 3 tells us what justification means, and it means their saved.

21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified [g]freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a [h]propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has already been addressed with Acts 15:18 & Proverbs 16:4.
    Those verses are just as true and the others you quoted.
    And again, no one denies that sometimes "knowledge" in the Bible is a salvific knowledge of God.
    You're fighting a battle I'm not in.

6. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet again, this avoids the defining cross-references in the OP.
    We want Bible cross-references fleshed out and defining the terms and their consequences.
    Not pre-packaged theology.

7. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've already proven your table is off-base.

8. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    How? Where? By listing references?

9. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist

You don't need to list references. I already shown the flaw of your arguments.

10. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alright friends, the more posts are written, the greater the testimony to the fact that there is no verse which speaks of predestinating a lost man unto salvation.

Read the posts and note for yourself, no such verse was ever provided.

Lord willing, we can use this fact in further discussions, now that it has been publicly displayed.

God bless you all as you serve him.

11. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Only in your mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    George this is ridiculous. If you want to take this hardline, nonsensical route, by your standard you must also deny the Trinity.

13. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is why you didn't provide the verse in your post? ...

14. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I already did, so sorry, but this is like disputing with a crazy person. It goes no where.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still no verse.

16. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you have a doctorate? From where?

17. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    You edited that post, and still did not list the verse that you said you provided.

18. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your argument was the OP was wrong because I'm the one that wrote the table.
    You think now I'm going to tell you from whence is my doctorate? Don't think so.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean? You failed to answer each of my questions. So best I can tell, you do not understand.

It seems to me you are making a false accusation because you do not know what you are taking about.

None of that has been denyed and so is not at issue.

That is just what you did by not answering my questions.
    Romans 2:1, ". . . Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. . . ."

20. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Adding that infants and little children who have died had their names written in the book of Life from the foundation of the world, but the ones that lived into adulthood and never believed regardless of whether they heard or not, they all willfully sinned and died and therefore they never had their names written in the Book of Life of the Lamb from the foundation of the world.

The ones that died in infancy, God had foreknown that and they were elect, and since knowing Christ and God is by revelation from His Spirit to our own spirits, He can easily have willed that they know Christ and God, even as a little baby. Refer to John the Baptist who leaped in the womb when Christ inside of Mary came to visit them.

Luke 1:41And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1:44For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

God can choose to not impute to a man their sin and will to reveal Himself as the Lord their Savior to anyone He wishes.
    .Luke 10
    Jesus Rejoices in the Spirit
    21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 22 All[g] things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.