1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Proven liberal media bias

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 17, 2008.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I saw James Carvel on CSPAN the other night and even he admited that big media is slanted to the liberal side. But he said we shouldn't worry about it because Republicans usually win anyway.

In fact, there seems to be a movement afoot to make all media outlets openly partisan. This might not be such a bad idea. At least the reader will know where they stand.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most people should already know where they stand.

Anyone that pays attention doesn't have a hard time identifying the liberal bias when they hear it, read it, or see it.

Those that deny the bias are the ones whose mental awareness is under question.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I watched the very same program.

Of course there is a liberal bias in much of the media (MSNBC, etc). Some media have a conservative bias (FOX, etc). There is no such thing as non-bias news coverage. All of it is bias and I like the idea of knowing their bias when I am listening to them report the news. So as long as they are open about their bias I am not that bothered by it (anymore). In fact, as was pointed out by Newt and Carvel, early American newspapers were almost all partisan. They talked about that being true during the Civil War, but it was also true during the Revolution and the early Republic.

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

NPR is the worst of them in my opinion. Everyday I listen to NPR and their obvious bias. Too bad such a good news program can't be objective. If they were I might even send in a little money to support them.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Media sources are always biased because they are run by humans. I guess we could just let computers present the news and leave it at that.

The left have sources and the right have theirs.

The discerning reader learns to take it all, strain out the bias from both sides,and make up their own minds.

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

You are correct. The problem to many think if it is on the news it is correct. One needs to check things out.

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

The problem with NPR is that it is government funded and publically supported. Today I was listening to "On Point. The two guest were clearly liberal. Where was the other voice? I wonder if the coming "fairness doctrine" will apply to NPR? Somehow I doubt it.

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, the name of the one about whom some of you folks are speaking is James Carville.

If yer' gonna' talk about someone, regardless of the political persuasion, I personally do not believe it is asking too much to get their name right! And I'm not any great fan of James Carville, by any stretch!

Carvel® is a brand of ice cream. :rolleyes:

Ed

#9 EdSutton, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008