1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

proverbsb 31 and the use of intoxicating beverages

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Pennsylvania Jim, Mar 24, 2005.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Amen again. And again, we have all committed every sin, for if we have ever sinned, then we are guilty of all. If we are in the Body of Christ, whom God respects, then we are respected. God does not see us, but He sees Christ Jesus, His only Begotten Son. He sees those not in the Body, and He can have no respect for them, as they don’t want to associate with Christ Jesus.

I believe Christ died for my every sin. I thank and praise Him for this. I don't continually ask Him to forgive me every day, as I most probably sin daily. I either believe He forgave me of all my sins, or I don't. ituttut

2. RTG

RTG New Member

In light of the other refrences in Provers to wine and strong drink I would say no to it being a crutch.I don't know for certain but these verses seem to point out the hopelessness of examples given.Give strong drink unto those who are ready to perish.Are we assuming this verse is someone on there death bed?Some one slamming shots at a bar that has to drive home that night sounds like someone whos ready to perish to me.Some one whos chosen to drink heavy for years sounds to me like someone who is ready to perish.A heavy heart?Possibly someone thats feeling sorry for them self,bitter,angry?I think Lemuels mother was a wise woman pointing out the hopelessness of alcohol consumption to her son Soloman?Journeyman,at the presant I only have one bird dog,she's a shorthair english setter mix.She's a good girl.did'nt get to hunt much this past year the few times I took her out she did real well.

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

1Co 6:11
    And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
    1Co 6:12
    ¶ All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

ONE drink of alcohol brings you under its power. It is called UNDER THE INFLUENCE.

RTG; Amen!

In HIS service;
    Jim

4. yabba

yabba New Member

Wow...so now you're not only stating that Jesus sinned but that Paul told Timothy to sin when he told him to drink wine for his stomach. And you even took a passage written by Paul out of context to support your claim...I guess that means Paul contradicted himself.
    Would you care to explain why you are inferring that Jesus sinned? Jesus clearly drank wine in the Bible...you have stated plainly that one drink is a sin...care to explain?

5. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

yabba,

I'm with you. Since one drink is a sin, Jesus can no longer be my Savior. He is apparently a sinner just like me. Thanks alot Jim. Now what am I supposed to do to get saved?

6. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then, you had better quit drinking coffee (if you do). One cup also brings you under the power of caffein. Better not eat any more donuts or cookies or cake or ice cream ect. One will bring you under the power of sugar and fat.

The Bible is clear, drinking one drink is not sin. Drunkeness (abuse) is sin. You cannot take a verse out of context like that and make it say what you want it to. And just so you cannot question my motives, I do not drink any alcoholic beverages.

7. ituttut

ituttut New Member