1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Provide Proof Ii

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Keith M, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith M

Keith M New Member

In another thread av1611jim asked for proof that the critical text is better than the texts that form the TR. He didn't specify which TR he was referring to. He also said that he didn't want to be asked for proof in that thread that the TR is better.

Well, here is another thread. Av1611jim, you need to show proof that the TR (no matter which edition) is better than the critical text. Since the crux of your argument is that the TR is better all around than any other text, then you should be able to prove your claim. If you have no proof then you shouldn't expect others to prove the opposite viewpoint.

2. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Tick-tock, tick-tock...good thing we're not holding our breaths while we wait, huh?

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Foolishness. Show me in my original OP where I SAID the TR is better.

You can't. Therefore you entire thread is a very weak and immature attempt at a flame.

POOF! Out it goes!

4. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Good evasion, Jim. But then you have been practicing that for years, haven't you?

It's foolishness on my part to ask for proof that the TR is better than the CT. Then what is it when you ask for proof that the CT is better? If one is foolishness, then so is the other. Here we see more of your double standard. Foolishness on my part but scholarly questioning on your part, right?

Are you now saying the TR (any of the various editions) is not better than the Critical Text? Or don't you want to discuss what you obviously want to bait others into discussing? Which is better, Jim - the CT or the TR? And what proof do you have that it is the best?

Jim, if you''re trying to imitate Ruckman, you're doing a fine job of it! If you can't answer an honest question then you just start slinging mud, calling names and making false accusations. What a plan! Works every time, huh? Hardly. Talk about a weak and immature post, just take a look at your own post above.

Okay, Jim, if you don't want to discuss this, then let's throw it out there for anyone to answer. Can anyone who claims superiority of the TR over the Critical Text offer any proof of that superiority? Anyone?

#4 Keith M, Jan 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.