1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Psalms 12:6-7

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by robycop3, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Glory2God said:

Now if you know ANYTHING about textual criticism, which most of you don't, you will see something about a guy named Kittel and a Hebrew text OTHER than the Masoretic text.

And if you knew as much about textual criticism as you're pretending, you'd already know that the Codex Leningrad used as the basis for the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia is a copy of the Masoretic Text.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant, though. Carry on.

2. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

You didn't read the post. The next thing your gonna' tell me is there is only one Vulgate. Stuttgard, you know? Concentration camps? Hitler? Jew killer? Hellooooooo!!!!!

3. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Glory2God said:

I was always taught to assume everyone was lost until I see fruit or hear a testimony.

Well, since you have so far displayed no fruit here, let's just assume you're lost, shall we? :rolleyes:

If you are truley a man of God you should be in perfect agreement with me.

Gee, where have we heard that before? [​IMG]

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Glory2God said:

You didn't read the post.

Wrong again. As I said, don't let the facts get in the way . . .

Stuttgard, you know? Concentration camps? Hitler? Jew killer?

[​IMG]

5. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

[​IMG] So you found the link funny. Have fun telling God how you laughed about a henchman of Hitler helping you all correct his words. That post was addressed to Tony. People who want to know the truth will let the Holy Spirit lead them to the truth. By no fruit do you mean actually placing actual scripture in my posts in contexts other than correcting God's words??

:( Ga 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

:( Mt 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

6. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Have fun telling God how you laughed about a henchman of Hitler helping you all correct his words.

Don't mind if I do! [​IMG]

7. David J

David J New Member

G2G,

What on earth are you trying to say? LOL!!!!!

How did Hitler even get into this discussion (that's if you can call evading the questions having a discussion)?

I find myself looking at the sky waiting on pigs to fly! I figure it would be a better waste of my time watching for flying pigs instead of waiting for some KJVOist admit that "him" is just as acceptable as "them" in Pslam 12:7.

8. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

Got a copy of the NKJV ??? Go get it and read the ENTIRE preface. Now if you know ANYTHING about textual criticism, which most of you don't, you will see something about a guy named Kittel and a Hebrew text OTHER than the Masoretic text. The historic ben Chayyim Rabbinic Bible, used by the KJV, was altered in 1937 by liberal German theologian Rudolf Kittel, using Leningrad Ms B 19a (ben Asher text). His family’s conviction for their involvement in the death of millions of Jews during Hitler’s holocaust makes his alterations to the Old Testament highly suspect. The NKJV’s use of recent discoveries like the Septuagint, Vulgate, and Dead Sea cave manuscripts (see NKJV preface) contradicts the bible’s doctrine of preservation (Ps. 12:6-7) “to a thousand generations” (Ps. 105:8). Did God skip the generations from the fourth century to the nineteenth century? READ THIS LINK!!!! DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!!!

Kittel's Nazi Connection

9. David J

David J New Member

LOL pass the crack pipe this way please! [​IMG]

Strange that your link did not mention KJVOist like Ruckman who saw a 10 foot black lipped anti Christ that even John could not see when the Holy Spirit moved over John to write Revelation. It’s also odd that Gail Riplinger was not mentioned because she claims that God wrote NABV and she was the secretary. Kinda strange don’t you think!

The NKJV’s use of recent discoveries like the Septuagint, Vulgate, and Dead Sea cave manuscripts (see NKJV preface) contradicts the bible’s doctrine of preservation (Ps. 12:6-7) “to a thousand generations” (Ps. 105:8). Did God skip the generations from the fourth century to the nineteenth century?

Ok then please tell me which KJV Psalm 12:6-7 applies to and why God made a boo boo in 1611 that had to be constantly corrected until 1769 or 1873? Also why did this type of preservation allow printers to make errors and allow the AV1611 translators to reference the Sept. in the marginal notes?

Why does the AV1611 contradict the 1769 KJV? Why was the 1611 changed and many words added to the 1611?

Come back to reality my brother!

You might want to read the real AV1611 before making such amazing claims! You know the one that contained the Books of the Apocrypha and linked the OT and NT to the BOA with marginal references. Don’t believe me? Well then look for yourself. The AV1611 is easy to find for around $30.00 hardback edition.

10. natters

natters New Member

Which rule are you referring to? I know of no such rule that says you have to currently be an official member of a Baptist church, only that you have to be a Baptist. Produce the rule I am breaking, and I will immediately stop posting in the "Baptist only" sections of this board. If you can't, I suggest you try to focus on the issues and not the people raising them.

I didn't think you were afraid. I do think you have a huge problem with double-standards and determining relevancy though. [​IMG]

To answer your question, I have been attempting for some time to find the exact source of all of the following quotes:

"If it is Christian to hate Jews, then we are all good Christians."

"The apostles also refuted pagan philosophers and the Jews (who are by nature the most obstinate of men)" (A Declamation By Desiderius Erasmus of Rotterdam, chapter 53)

"Spain is not pleasing" because it had too many Jews, and England was not pleasing because it had to many riots. (written sometime in 1517).

"Erasmus was not just describing contemporary anti-Jewish hatred; he shared it. Erasmus had a ‘deeply rooted, unbounded hatred for Jews." (Milton Lindberg, discussing Erasmus in one of his books)

But what does it matter? All men are imperfect. All men are sinners. Without direct proof that Erasmus's views on anything affected which readings he chose, it's all pointless and irrelevant. Heck, even the KJV translators persecuted and burned people at the stake who would not accept the Anglican church as the only true and authoritative church. You wanna point fingers? If so, then 1. You have to point finger at virtually everybody in the history of the Bible, and 2. you have to explain what relevance it has to the texts themselves.

Let's assume for a moment that the article you link to was entirely true, and entirely provable, and entirely undisputed. So what? Pick up the NKJV and show me specifically, from its text itself where and how Kittel's supposed associations and views affected the wording in the NKJV. If you can't, keep your irrelevant hot air to yourself.

But at least you're more interesting than most. [​IMG]

11. Glory2God

Glory2God New Member

And the intro to the Apoccropha says what??? I hear a cricket from a thousand yards. Old smokeskreen, they never claim the Apocropha to be inspired. If you have a copy, you know this. Join Kittel and get in line. [attack snipped] Ruckman, you or myself have no bearing on truth. God said it, that settles it, I believe it! And it was settled long before I, Ruckman, Ross, Norris, Metzger, or yourself was even born. I can see bema judgement now: Lord, I faithfully kept your words that don't exist in their entirety anywhere on Earth, ain't I wonderful???

Ps 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

I'm sure that also doesn't belong in there????

Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

I think a lot of you are educated way past your intellegence. That's right, I mispell words, big deal.

[ February 09, 2005, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob ]

12. David J

David J New Member

Here we go again! Hold yer horses guys and gals it's bout to get wild in here!

Tell it to Jesus? Deception? How so? Back up your claim please or correct your assumptions.

Since you dodge the real subject of this thread I assume that you have no answers.

By the way answer my question about why the BOA was crossed referenced in the AV1611.

Why did the 1611KJV have "him" in the marginal notes? Why did the Geneva Bible have "him"?

Please try to stay on topic or start another thread.

Thank you,

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glory - Folks who have posts continually "snipped" because they attack others or question salvation, find a 10-day "vacation" a special time to cool off.

Consider this a public warning. And not a happy Moderator.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

...and I'll be the real "bad guy" and close this thread since it is 10 pages past the 5 page limit and has become a battle of insults and innuendos.