1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Purpose Driven ?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dabowhunter, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Dabowhunter

Dabowhunter New Member

Thanks Again

2. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

2 points...

Think some as myself have NOT seen the additional materials that he publishes , for the "deeper walk", as my church went through the Purpose Driven life campaign last year, but have not yet seen that deeper disclpleship material!
    Also, think we at times tend to see him as part of the modern 'seeker" movement , that has produced large coverts , but shallow teaching to spiritual growth, IMHO!

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Seems like Jesus dealt with similar issues among the proud religious leaders of the day.

Isn't it amazing how many critics are not reaching anyone but they know how to tell others how to reach people doing it "the right way".

As I get older and grow more the more I see some things as very important others as unimportant. I used to think having right doctrine was the most important until I realized what I had been doing when I discipled people. I got to know them and spent a lot of time with them often doing fun things. We did a lot of ministry but we also did a lot of relational things too. For years men lived in my home and we worked together and had lots of discussions around the table. We had lots of big gatherings to eat where everyone brought something and anyone they wanted to bring was invited too. I also realized over the years how wrong I have been on some things that I was confident that I knew well. But now that is a different story. I realize now that all I can do is reveal where I am in my walk with God now at this point in time.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

You're welcome bro.

- Peace

5. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Saddleback is not actually "seeker driven" but rather "seeker sensitive." For a seeker driven model we would want to look to Joel Olsteen or Willow Creek, with Willow Creek being the more biblical of the two (Olsteen never actually gets around to the gospel part, Willow Creek does, but one has to become an insider to even get that far).

6. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Thanks for the info, as those various ways, models, of church growth and salvation do tend to all get lumped together!