1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pushing POTUS out?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by canadyjd, Jan 17, 2024.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting events this week…

Monday: Trump wins by large margin in Iowa

Tuesday: DOJ files documents showing H:nter B:den’s gun holster had c:cane residue on it.

Wednesday: DOJ files documents H:nter B:den laptop has been authenticated….

So….. why now? After suppressing this info for years, why is the DOJ putting this out?

Do the deep state Dems want Joe B:den to step aside and are putting pressure on him to do so?….

Or…. Is this just a coincidence?

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't know Hunter Biden's laptop was in question.

I think Trump would win in a Trump vs Biden match.

I saw a Republican political analyst the other day make an interesting hypothesis. He thinks that the DNC (or those in control of the DNC) wants Trump to be the GOP candidate. He brought up a point I didn't know (that it was Republicans in Colorado that filed to keep Trump off the ballot).

Anyway, the reason he thinks this is he believes that prior to the election Biden will step down (perhaps for health reasons). The best chance for the DNC is for Trump to run against a moderate (any moderate) Democrat that isn't Biden. He speculated that this would draw a significant number of Republicans as well as Independents while preventing moderate Democrat losses.

Regarding Iowa....I was surprised that only 15% turned out to vote. Is this a normal percentage (I know it was cold, and I don't know the normal turnout)?

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing with them is coincidental. Can you live off the grid, and have you ever tried to? Hunter and Joe are extremely entertaining in a bumbling way and it doesn’t surprise me at all they are both related to a Scranton used car salesman. Years ago I’d go with my dad to these car lots (in Scranton) and see old run down cars with odometers pushed back & cheap repaint jobs and a guy in a little hut attempting to sell to ignorant customers looking for a deal and that’s the potus problem … blood will out! ;)

#4 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My bet is on Gavin Nuisance as the hand picked replacement for Stumbling Bumbling Bi**n. Question is can the Nuance man make any headway (a scary thought for America :Cautious)

6. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Supposedly, polls are accurate +/- a few percentage points by asking a thousand people.

7. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Nuisance would make a lively debate opponent. Debating Biden would be about like debating a dead man. Of course, we know that he would never show up anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the often used ploys by the demonic Democrats is for someone to state the truth, then conclude the matter is settled without consequence. Senator Liberman's address about Mr. Clinton's escapades, the FBI director's list of Mrs. Clinton's crimes, and the effort by Hunter's lawyers to plead to a sweetheart deal.

OTOH, the demonic Democrats also have a history of switching candidates when the first one is seen as a loser.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya nailed it :Laugh

• Like Like x 1
  11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that a normal turnout for Iowa or did the weather keep people in? (I assume primaries are not the most popular turnout in general, but was wondering).

12. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I've heard that the DKC was going to dump Biden off the ticket for health reasons after he nailed down the nomination. sometime in August or September. I don't know if it's a real plan or just plain speculation but I've also heard the name Michelle Obama floating around, Gruesom seems more plausible but they are Democrats. after all - these people had their caucus in Iowa this week and it was mail-in only. Uhhh, then it's not a caucus, but Iowa doesn't really mean all that much to begin with - the GOP winner I know doesn't always go on to win the nomination, but he will this time. And the weather was bad and the turnout very low:

Iowa Caucus turnout: 15% of state's registered Republicans show up

then they turn right around and say they ran out of ballots in Des Moines? Who know, Trump will probably win here on out, waiting to see if Nikki hangs in there until SC - it'll be any time now for DeSantis.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who knows what the DNC will do.

In a perfect world both Trump and Biden would drop out. I do suspect Biden will, and if he does then I suspect the DNC will have no issue defeating Trump...if they choose a moderate....and definitely not Michelle Obama (although she may have a decent chance against Trump....I'd just hate to see it).

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s assuming there is a good democrat on earth, AND assuming a majority of the other democrats would allow him/her on the ticket. That will never happen.

They can’t even abide RFK Jr. because he isn’t radical enough.

I think President Trump is the best person on earth for the job, presently.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't need a good Democrat, just a moderate one. Biden is not very popular with Democrats.

RFK Jr. I'd probably the most palatable Democrat choice ,(at least he isn't crazy). But he is too old for a two term President (he'd be 75...ish....on a second term).

Trump isn't a good Republican. Listening to his speeches lately, I'm not sure he is a good person.

Our nation is built on compromise. Our election system itself is a compromised (many founding fathers wanted Congress to choose a President, many wanted it to be a popular vote).

To represent the people of the nation we have to avoid extremes on all sides. I don't get my way, the Democrats don't get their way, but we get a compromise which is hopefully the best of each side.

Right now the Democrat Party has assumed a Nazi type strategy. They want to villainize all Republicans. But it seems many Republicans want to do the same with Democrats.

The average person, I believe, wants to earn a living, raise a family, and have hope in the future....regardless of political party.

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    @MrW ,

What I would like to have seen is a younger man take up the torch from Trump and run with the platform.

As it stands, I really do not see how Trump could work with opposing politicians to run our nation. He worked too hard to divide after Biden became President.

What needs to be done is find a way to get rid of the extremes on both sides.

If Trump wins he will not be able to make a lasting difference in too many areas. He can only serve one term. We saw with Biden how quickly something done can become undone.

17. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why I would like to see DeSantis as his vice-President.

Back to democrats--a "moderate" has no chance in the party. And the party is so corrupt, I wouldn't vote for a democrat if Donald Trump changed from Republican to democrat--I'd even vote against him. They ruined themselves in my eyes.

Well, actually I've never voted for them anyhow--but I sure wouldn't if I had in the past. :)

18. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me add this--it's not age--it's ability. I don't care if the President is 100 years old, if he has the mental ability to do the job better than the 40 or 50 year old.

And Creepy Joe wasn't smart when he was young. His ideas were off the wall and out of touch. Now that he has dementia, he's really not much worse, because he was so out of it when his brain worked correctly. Just look at his record and the things he said in old news clips.

19. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well just before DT debated B:den in 2020, the laptop came up and 50+ former intelligence officials signed a letter saying it was Russian disinformation. That allowed B:den to dismiss it during the debate. It made a difference.

Now we know those intelligence officials interfered with a presidential election by pushing false information: misinformation: disinformation on the public.

ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!!!

Edit: I see someone else already brought up the letter.

peace to you

#19 canadyjd, Jan 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew the story was suppressed. And I agree that it was election fraud. I just didn't know that the validity had been questioned.

• Like Like x 1