1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about Churches being fake? Need you advice!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Sep 20, 2007.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

First of all, may God Bless you all!! Remember, Problems and circumstances will always happen but misery is optional. Jesus loves you and he is always faithfull!! :0)))

I am writting for advice. I have been a member of my Church since it started 2 years ago. Our Pastors, come from up north and this is an Expansion of the Church in Chicago. Our Churches name is Kingdom Conqueror's. Everything they have tought in their messages has been by the word of GOD and they dont sugar coat anything. Its awesome and I love that about the Church. I dont like going to churches where they preach a message and people want to hear, instead of preaching what God wants us to hear his WORD.

Well, what has been bothering is this. This past week, we have celebrated our 2 Years anniversary. Their Pastor from the covering were coming to celebrate with us. What I didnt like is the way it was handled. My Pastor always believe in providing excellence for Christ. Well, they went all out, inviting a ton of people which will make it look like the church is full, thats # 1. They made a menu for the members of the church stating that :

Cake and Soda ( For Everyone )

Fruits, Cake, Soda, Coffe and Juice ( For Pastors Only )

That was # 2 !! Now folks, this is not because I was hungry and wanted Cofe and Juice LOL.. its the message it sends. They are always treating their Pastors as if they are above in God's eyes. Maybe its just my ignorance speaking and this is why I need your help folks.. please let me know if I am wrong.

It just bothers me that this happened. I mean, I think we need to be transparent for the Lord and if we only really have 20 members... dont start inviting people like crazy only for the anniversary...and not do that when its not the anniversary.. its trying to present youself as something that you are not in my view... what do you think folks... I am sorry to sound so retarded..I just dont know who to talk to about this !!

2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Undoubtedly your pastor and you have the best of intentions. I wouldn't have worded the invitation this way for exactly the same impression that you have. This looks like a poor choice of wording on his part.

Again, morally I don't think there's a problem here. However, practically I think this is a bit much to burden 20 members with.

3. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I believe you have reason to be concerned.

4. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Please Explain!!!

Also, another thing that bothered me is that they even rented a music projector so that people can read the songs that they didnt know. Again, if this is something we have for all services.. its cool.. but dont rent it just so that your Pastors from up north are impressed. That was pretty silly..

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

BUMP!!!

I need advice PLEASE!!! :praying:

Would you confront him and ask him why?

What would you do??

6. Cutter

Cutter New Member

It is obvious the church is practicing deception. In their attendance and in the way they conduct their normal weekly services. I also find their preferential treatment among the body of Christ repulsive. If after prayer you still have a burden make an appointment to speak confidentially with your Pastor. Just be honest, open, and transparent, like in your own words, (I think we need to be transparent for the Lord), and share with him your concerns. Listen to his answers and maybe your perspective will change if there are genuine reasons for the choices the church made in observing it's two year anniversary. If, on the other hand, his reasons are not valid, I would be uneasy about continuing to attend a church that did the things that you said they did.