1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Question for covenantalist regarding the new covenant.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jope, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

So what? he quotes isa 17 x between chapter 9-15.....do you expect him to quote the whole book?

Again this is not really on topic...it supports what i said before when i offered romans 14:17
    You make it sound like Paul just offered a "few verses" randomly
    about the Messiah...as if he just pulled them out of the air!!!:BangHead:

You are not following the whole discussion of this book....he is explaining what you are denying...Gentiles coming in Confirm the promises made to the fathers.....

This kind of smug comment is why you are not allowed to see the truth here DHK....

I said this;
    And your response was.....that Jesus did not do this?????

Jesus didn't do that.

Yes he did....right here...

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.

11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.

12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Notice there is where isa 11 is quoted-

you can say he did not do that...but scripture says it quite clearly....if you deny it, chances are you cannot believe it at the same time:laugh:

You ask me this question as you deny the plain scripture right here!
    yes....some were, and others were made before Israel was a nation,

jesus rules the earth, not satan.satan is allowed to trouble the unsaved....but Jesus rules .
    I believe it as it is written, not as you attempt to change it.

The Kingdom "comes" as people are brought into it at regeneration.

You add .....will still come...as if it is not here as you miss this completely.The kingdom comes as the gospel spreads worldwide.

yes it is in the life of christians.

It does not say anywhere.....is still to come...scripture says it is here-

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

I know you are desperate to try and establish this:laugh:This passage is speaking of the souls who were beheaded , that John see's in heaven...not on earth , and it is said the reign with Jesus...He is in heaven....

Wrong DHK.....God rules....not satan...

Now you go to the newspapers trying to make your point as you find no place in scripture that suggests your theory...

Jesus rules in the "midst of His enemies"....they are real enemies DHK..in a fallen world, until the gospel overtakes them...psalm 110 is quoted 6x in the Nt...saying Jesus rules in the midst of His enemies...so your dramatic appeal and sarcasm based on newspaper events does not help you either. Scripture shuts you down once again:thumbsup:

yes...this world is still under judgement, we are not in the eternal state.Kingdom growth is this worlds only way out....

Jesus does allow this as many who offend are still being cut-off.
    No Dhk this is my Fathers world, His kingdom....the kingdom of darkness is decreasing as the kingdom of light dispels it......

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

This is a sad confession on your part DHK. I am in the Kingdom of God which always truimphs.

the angels did not agree with you at the birth of Jesus;
    30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

This is at the heart of it.You deny gentile inclusion in the Covenant.the Covenant is central to all theology.Until you understand that, you will continue on in error...

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.