1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Questioning the Motives and Accountability of the GOP Establishment

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Benjamin, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is past due that the people take note of the processes that have been holding up progress and ask the real reasons WHY?

I believe this movement is growing and regardless of the difficulties with Trump the fact that he is major player in bringing this to light these benefits will greatly outweigh these "difficulties". Trump's son seems to nail it!

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does Trump want to change the Iowa caucus system, which he lost? Does Trump want federal legislation governing the political parties and the methods that they use to select candidates? Was Nevada fair and will Trump keep his Nevada delegates won in a non-election situation?

Although only a handful of states do not hold elections, the Democrat Party since 1968 has allowed certain super-delegates into their convention without any vote--does Trump want to regulate the Democrats, too?

Trump had billions of dollars and he could have discovered how the system works a longtime ago. He certainly knows how to work things in New York City, where he gave money to everyone to get what he wanted in New York's crony capitalism system.

A lot of people dislike Trump--women, for instance. Conservatives are mixed on Trump and so are Evangelicals and perhaps Fundamentalists.

The networks have given Trump billions in free publicity and so he has not spent much of his own money. Trump cannot debate and so the last debates were cancelled. He has not surrounded himself with the best and the brightest, and has said some awful things for which he does not apologize.

In Indiana, the GOP establishment likes Kasich, who may well end up being Trump's choice for Vice-President. As much as the GOP establishment dislikes the boorish Trump, they dislike the Regan conservative Cruz even more.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is being silly if he thinks it is a given that Cruz would automatically lose as much as it is silly the other way.

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly! Trump should publically thank the Governor of Ohio for hanging around and letting Trump get pluralities.

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe Trump was well aware early on how the "system" worked is why he was threatening early on a third party split "if they the GOP Establishment wasn't fair to him". The people throwing around this rhetoric that he doesn't even understand the "system" seem to be "conveniently" forget this point. The problem is the power the GOP has to manipulate "their system" to serve themselves rather than the people.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is somehow surprising to you? This is what political parties do. They get to select their candidate, not the public.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Political parties leaders should not be manipulating situations to accomplish their personal goals and control over the party. When they do it is a direct interference if the voting rights of the general voting public in that party.

Let's not make excused for unAmericna activity.

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When it comes to point, which I believe it has, that these parties begin to serve them selves rather than the public for which they are "supposed" to be working for, well, maybe its past time they should be held accountable for their motives??

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually is has come to the point that some leaders in the party are serving themselves. They are as unAmerican as they can be. Trump is an idiot but what is being done to him goes against the very core of a free nation.

10. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed, and Trump is not the ideal candidate for me by any means but he is the one drawing attention to the "crooked system" and holding the match to light a fire toward a movement to burn down their fort.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is and that much about him I like. Some want to confuse that with supporting him as a Presidential candidate.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm wondering where you got this idea that political parties are supposed to serve the public?

13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] ...It almost saddens me to hear you ask that question.

I'm wondering where you got the idea that political parties are supposed to evolve into serving a few elitist insiders and not be held accountable to the public for which they work? [​IMG]

I think you might be surprised how many are willing to stand up and fight for the very principles you seem to believe no longer exist - and are willing to back Trump for the sole purpose that it is he who is leading the charge. [​IMG] With that, the Gettysburg Address comes to mind: "...this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom – and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I understand you're not going to answer where you got the idea that political parties exist to serve the public.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh.....ditto

16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take it you don't believe the GOP party is part of the government as I answered your question and even underlined it above for you? And apparently you didn't comprehend, or perhaps are just dodging the flip side question I asked of that coin you tried to toss out there?

;) Questions like yours is why Dr. Ben Carson is going to make a mighty fine VP!! [​IMG]

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've read most of the US Constitution and I don't see a mention of the GOP party in there anywhere. In fact, I don't see any political parties named in there, not even a generic reference to a political party. So no, the GOP party is not a part of the government.

I understand you're not going to answer where you got the idea that political parties exist to serve the public.

18. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Darn! [​IMG] ...could have sworn the GOP played a major role in running the government! [​IMG]

And I understand that you are not going to acknowledge my answer and certainly aren't willing to weigh the difficultly with your question's conclusion that I pointed out by my question: "I'm wondering where you got the idea that political parties are supposed to evolve into serving a few elitist insiders and not be held accountable to the public for which they work?"

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wasting your time.

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Political parties exist to amass power through getting their party members elected. They may or may not have the public interest in mind.

Political parties have always had the last say in who there nominees were going to be. The presidential primary process as the major determinant of the nominee is a recent development.

The idea that political parties exist to serve the public is a naïve idea.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

• Agree Agree x 1