1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quickened

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Dec 1, 2023.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "According as he has chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love--having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will." Ephesians 1:4-5

A living soul may reason thus:

"Am I quickened? Yes.
    Did I quicken myself? No. I could not, for I was dead in sin.
    Did God then quicken me? Yes. Who but he could have given life to my dead soul!
    Why did he quicken me? Because he loved me, and chose me in Christ to be an heir of his eternal glory."

Whether you can speak thus or not, there is no doubt that the Lord has a people who are dear to him, and to whom he makes himself dear. These, though despised or unnoticed by men, are the elect of God. If you are a vessel of mercy whom he has thus chosen to eternal life, the gospel either has come already, or in his own time and way it will be made to come with power to your heart and conscience.

- excerpt from J.C. Philpot's Through Baca's Vale, December 1

#1 KenH, Dec 1, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 3