1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quotation

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Askjo, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I think this particular thread is quite interesting. It seems that Westcott and Hort's beliefs are on trial here. Has anybody ever thought to do the same thing with the original King James translators (including King James himself)?

Is there ANY reason God cannot use any type of person to accomplish His goals? If we believe this, then why is this even a debate?

2. natters

natters New Member

Askjo, all the info on those pages (yes, I've seen them before and examined them carefully) are using: 1. out of context quotes, 2. leaps in logic based on faulty misconceptions, 3. out of context quotes, 4. parroting of false information from previous opponents of Westcott and Hort without verifying the facts for themselves, 5. out of context quotes, and 6. double standards (i.e. some beliefs and practices considered "heretical" are common Anglican beliefs, held even by the KJV translators. Did I mention the out of context quotes?

Askjo, I readily and willing respond to everything you post. You provide slander, I provide evidence. You provide second-hand slander, I provide evidence. You do no research, I do the research for you. Yet EVERY TIME I do, you just sweep it aside and ignore it. When are you going to deal with my responses and information HONESTLY? Are you so bent on finding fault with Westcott and Hort that you are willing to swallow complete lies about them without even questioning them? God calls us to be honest and truthful, yet for some reason you are unwilling to be this way when it comes to this issue. Why???? Is the desire of W&H to be heretical so important to you that you are readily willing to forego basic Christian principles??? Come on, Askjo. Straighten up. If you want to convince anyone, you're going to have to deal with verififiable FACTS, not regurgitated hear-say.

Due to travel, this will likely be my last post for 4 or 5 days. Please carefully consider my words in the meantime, and I will return to this discussion by next weekend.

3. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

Another drive-by thumping? :rolleyes:

Seems like "Askjo" cannot respond to our evidence in his own words, and lets his so-called 'credible' sources do his dirty work for him. Hey guys, do you seriously think that Askjo wants to really re-consider his KJV-onlyism?

A heart convinced against its will is a heart unconvinced still

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Askjo asked:

Why are they unbelievers?

Considering where this quotation comes from, I'd start with asking if they are unbelievers. 'Course, it's up to Cloud and his supporters to make their case.

5. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Askjo posted links:

What were their Beliefs?

The Ghostly Guild
    etc.

Put the whip away, man, that horse is dead.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] thats a good one!

Speaking of David Cloud, I heard he received a doctorate from some seminary in New England recently is that true?