1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quotes from Ellen White - You Decide

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by thatbrian, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as they claim to accept Jesus and the Apostles, but use EW commentaries over the Bible!

2. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They speak out of both side of their mouths. On the one hand they say that her written words are THE Words of God, and on the other hand they say they can take them or leave them.

They officially hold that, simultaneously, Ellen G White's words are from the very mouth of God, yet they are superfluous!

To even make such contradictory statements should be embarrassing, but they seem to have no shame.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 7:30 PM Pacific.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why do you think that??

I have heard many SDA bible studies on doctrine and I have given many - and we don't use Ellen White as a source for it nor do I know of anyone who is an actual SDA and says "here is a doctrine we got from Ellen White".

Not because of doctrine - but rather because of correction and affirmation.

I have a Bible and I read it. The Bible says that there is such a thing as a prophet and turns out that is a "good thing" according to the Bible. Its that simple.

If you believed that God told someone that "smoking causes cancer" back in the 1800's when Ellen White was told that - and you knew they were actually hearing from God -- would you say to yourself "well yeah sure God gave that infallible statement but I am going to ignore it because it is not in the Bible"??

Really??

All the doctrines of the Adventist church come from the Bible -which was around long before Ellen White or Catholics.

Have you ever actually talked to a Mormon and heard how they promote their doctrine? They claim their doctrine comes from Smith and the very first thing they want to do is read something to you that Smith believed and taught because it is core doctrine for them and they know it does not come from the Bible.

What we are talking about here -- is the exact opposite.

And it also informs us of true prophets that never write a word of the Bible like Agabus in Acts, all the saints in Corinth in 1 Corinthians 14, Anna in the temple welcoming Christ, Philip's 4 daughters.

1 Thess 5
    . 19 Do not quench the Spirit; 20 do not despise prophetic utterances.

1 Cor 14:1

Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.

1 Cor 12
    27 Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it. 28 And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.

Eph 4
    11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Our view of it "Give me the Bible AND the WORDS IN the Bible" -- just having a Bible on the shelf does not help.

There were false prophets in John the baptizer's day -- AND there was John the baptizer.
    There were false apostles in Paul's cay - AND there was Paul.

The Bible never says "ignore all prophets" but historically that is exactly the popular response to God's prophets - according to the Bible.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    emotionalism is the soul and substance of a Bible-avoiding position

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Creative writing again?

Does it ever end??

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A. Yes she was.
    B. You are "quoting you again"

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    At some point that will "show" in what you post... still waiting.

9. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that you are used to cutting out words you don't like, but please quote my full comments in future.

I said: Most of us here read the Bible, Bob. We just do so without demonic commentary.

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.