1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Qur'an

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by wpe3bql, Nov 18, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Can anyone out there in BB Land:

(1) Recommend a good, hard bound recently published English-language edition of the Qur'an (a/k/a the Koran)?

(2) Recommend an excellent Evangelical Christian "commentary" of the Qur'an that not only goes into detail of what the Qur'an is telling its readers, but also how the passages within the text of the Qur'an either are similar to or are different from what God's Word tells its readers?

From time to time I've had opportunities to witness to Islamic people, and, rather than just take another person's word for it with regard to what the Qur'an says (Not necessarily implying that "another person's word" is incorrect, mind you.), I'd like to read what some highly-recognized Evangelical Christian (It wouldn't hurt if they were good, solid Baptists, but that, per se, is not necessarily a litmus test for me on this subject.) scholars interpret the Qur'an's teaching(s) on its passages as compared to what God's Word has to say about the subject(s) at hand in the text of the Qur'an.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's a great idea! I don't know anything in particular but I do know that one of our missionaries works with Christar and I know they have some resources on Islam including a class you can take. I hope someone has some good suggestions for you! I'd love to see what other resources there are as well.

3. Sola Scriptura

Sola Scriptura New Member

I am not highly recognized at all, but I did a lot of research on the subject and taught for several weeks at our church about it. I ended up turning my notes into a book called "Islam & the Christian" if you are interested in checking it out.