1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R.A.O.B

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Ben W, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am interested in the order known as the Buffalo's. There seems to be pages and pages of information on the Freemasons, yet not to much on the Buffalo's.

Both are secret orders and seem to operate in a similar fashion, So can anyone give me any information on the Buff's?

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

(Ben, this is their International Web Site. The article was too long to print in it's entirety, but I have provided a link at the bottom of the page)

Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes (R.A.O.B.)

An introduction to Buffaloism as practiced by the R.A.O.B.
    By David Hardy

There are a number of sections or "banners" of the R.A.O.B., and while they differ in numerical strength and procedures, all have the same purpose, often freely and aptly described as "the pursuit of Brotherhood".

Our conception of Brotherhood is firmly based on the family principle, that the total power and strength of the family shall be available to the individual in accordance with his need, but the point must be made at once, that the degree to which needs can be met depends entirely on the loyalty to that principle of each member of the family, YOU and I.

Administratively we are a three-tier organization. Minor Lodge, Provincial Grand Lodge and Grand Lodge and there are four degrees or rank of membership. 1st (Brother), 2nd (Primo), 3rd (Knight of Merit) and 4th (Right Honorable).

As any attempt to give a detailed explanation of the working of the P.G.L. or G.L. or to describe the method of promotion to higher degree would, at this stage, be more likely to confuse than inform. I will leave that subject with the assurance that administrative office and higher degree are the prerogative of every Brother who aspires to them and who, by the quality of his service, is shown to deserve them.

The first, and possibly the most important fact, is that there are no contractual or insurance elements attached to membership of the Order. Grants from benevolent funds at any level, are not related to what you give but to what you need, and exactly the same principle applies to the services we give in our Convalescent Homes.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

3. Tim too

Tim too New Member

I mean no harm or insult in this and put it simple for the laugh it may bring. But, I think that Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble were Buffalos. [​IMG]

In love of Christ,
    Tim

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well Tim that is probably right. :D [​IMG]

Thanks for the info on the Buffs's IAB16, What I am keen to know is how this order is viewed as being "Compatible" with Christianity?

There seems to be so much condemnation of the Freemasons, yet nothing at all on the Buff's, Can we safely assume they are an o.k group to be in with.

A point that I thought of, might be that is it o.k for Christians to join in with a secret society?

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Ben, I saw no reference to the RAOB making a claim to Christianity. The Freemasons do (falsely). Maybe that is why we don't hear of them.

I, personally, would not join a 'secret' society. If it cannot be 'out in the light', I don't think Christians have any business belonging. If it is a secret society, and one is not allowed to know the rules beforehand, there is something amiss someplace...

JMHO,
    §ue

6. Brett

Brett New Member

Yeah they went to the Water Buffalo Lodge. [​IMG]

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

I saw a Buffalo lodge once, I thought it was made up till then.
    I didn't get to see Fred and Barney though. :confused:

8. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

This sort of thing always reminds me of little boys playing "club".