1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rapture in 70 AD

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timjarrb

timjarrb New Member

I have seen preterist people who I love dear refuse communion

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

First of all, there is nothing humble about the way you expounded your opinion in this post.

Most partial preterists, whether right or wrong, are well educated.

Any moron can go with the pop eschatology of the day- that is pretrib, premil dispensationalism.

Morons like Paul Crouch and the whole TBN crowd tout that eschatology. I'm not saying it is wrong (it IS but I am not saying that here) but I am saying that these people would be beat to a bloody pulp in a debate with most preterists.

Preterists are most often people who are intelligent enough NOT to accept the fad of the day which is what rapture theology is.

So, I doubt VERY SERIOUSLY the likes of you have "beat and bloodied and bruised" any preterists.

If you would like to try it with me- I'm game.

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

And herein is YOUR stupidity seen yet again.

If you had half as much sense as you think you have then you would know that "world" in the context of this passage could and probably does, and USUALLY does, mean a particular place- not the whole PLANET.

This is why IFB folks all need to go to seminary before they are allowed to preach or teach theology.

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Except that they are prophecies that HAVE been fulfilled already.

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If all prophecy has already been fulfilled, then is there no judgment for anyone alive today, or anyone who has been alive since the Roman destruction of Jerusalem? And how are the words of Jesus true that, concerning the temple, "not one stone will be left on top of another," when part of a wall of that temple still stands? And finally, even if you understand "the world" in prophecy to be roughly the eastern Mediterranean and near east, has there ever been a 'world' that passed away and a new one replaced it?

Preterism seems to me to be a subset of agnosticism, in which scripture is so elasticized as to have no divine meaning, but is just hyperbole and metaphor for generally inevitable events forced into an indefinite mold....meaning virtually nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.