1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rattlesnakes?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Dec 3, 2014.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Don,

Can you show anywhere on this thread where I have said anything about banning freedom of religion. Even the quote I present in the OP makes no such statement. It simply makes certain remarks about Islamic terrorism and Muslims in the Obama administration.

I have expressed my personal views of Islam, a right I still have. Those views are harsh and I make no apology for them. But the reason we have laws and Constitutions is so that ones individual views cannot be illegally imposed on others.

I have pointed out that Muslims are receiving preferential treatment in this country in the practice of their religion and have presented proof of that preferential treatment: this while Christians are routinely discriminated against. I have stated that Islam is a "religion of death" and I believe that it is! I have stated:
    and I still mean that.

I believe that in the coming years the same thing will happen in our country that is happening in Europe. i don't know! Perhaps God is judging this country for the slaughter of 55,000,000 unborn children at the rate of about 4000 each day.

Most Americans are asleep. They are so wrapped up in themselves that they are unaware of what is happening in this country!

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've made three posts--including this one, where you quote yourself--saying you want to send all islamists back where they came from. How are we supposed to interpret that except by saying you don't want islam in this country, which can only be done by banning it? AND, by the way, you say this while ignoring the fact that many of these islamists are American-born and raised, so there's nowhere to send them back to--unless you mean kick ALL islamists out of this country, which only further supports the position that you want to ban islam in this country.

Absolutely correct. So do you support those laws and Constitution that protect the islamists from having YOUR viewpoint illegally imposed on them?

Again I agree with you. We Americans as a whole are a lazy lot, who are pacified by and supportive of a government that lulls us into a gluttonous stupor through hand-outs and welfare, causing us to ignore the dangers both within and without because we're focused on what the government should be doing for us.

Look, islam is dangerous; I haven't said otherwise, and won't. My argument has been about the fundamental American foundation of religious practice. For all its pseudo-political and legal system, islam's primary foundation is a religious belief. Thus, you have to make a decision: are we going to continue with our core American value of freedom of religion, or are we going to start down the road of implementing a church-state that doesn't recognize and prohibits other religions--which is what our founding fathers created this great nation to escape from?

If you're going to support freedom of religion, then statements like "send them all back" have no business in your vocabulary. You're free to dislike and even hate islam--but as soon as you move to "send them back" or "kick them out," you've stepped over into banning and religious persecution. (Yes, that's right: those jihadists think WE'RE persecuting them for being islamist)

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today is the national "Be Kind to Forum Threads Day" in the spirit of this day you all should be kind to this thread and let it die.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I actually like OR. To my knowledge, this is the only thing I disagree with him on.

5. OldRegular

The Reverend Franklin Graham Calls Islam “A Religion of War”!
    By Onan Coca / 13 December 2014

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need more Franklin Grahams willing to speak the truth.

AMEN!

7. OldRegular

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. OldRegular

And then we have this going on!

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OR, just posted this same email today; for some reason I had not seen your earlier posting.
    Mods, just delete mine- thanks!!

10. OldRegular

It was resurrected today by Salty!