1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured RCC is NOT a Force for Good

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the parish in which I attend, there are people who I would say are 'pew potatoes'. They attend mass but wouldn't be able to tell you what the scripture readings were about or what the points of the sermon were. I'm not so sure that was not the case in the Baptist church I attended. Lots of nominal Christians out there to be sure.

However, there are plenty of Catholics in my parish who actively live out their lives in Christ. Their walk matches their talk. Their lives and witness are such that I have no doubt they trust Jesus for their salvation.

Baptist4Life has expressed the view that many on this board have expressed. That being that 'any truly born again Christian will come out of the RCC.' Well, I know I am born again in the way that satisfies the Baptist idea of 'born-again' and I have no doubt that I have found the Church Christ established. I know a lot of other Catholic Christians who have left their evangelical churches and who also had given their lives to The Lord before finding the truth of Catholicism and are happily serving Christ in the Catholic Church.

Baptist4Life and others on this board may well think that a 'true Christian would leave the Catholic Church', but reality is, as seen by the other converts on this board, that we believe we have found biblical Christianity and the Holy Spirit is not telling us otherwise.

2. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I respect your sincerity and I understand your past struggles, but to find Biblical Christianity in a denomination, that denomination must not have non-Biblical doctrines. That disqualifies Roman Catholicism, based on their doctrines of Mary and papal infallibility, just to name a couple.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am being honest, and as James said....confess your sins to one another does not mean to tell your sins to a priest in a box....that does NOT constitute a Sacrament in my book. But yes there are Catholics I believe that do stay in the RCC well after conversion....I can name two.....my Grandmother & my mother....but these were issues of identity & a wish to fix the mistakes of the church from within rather than from the outside. I would also say that there is a different prospective they have with being Catholic....perhaps its the way the Catholic views things ....thats difficult to communicate, there and again each ethnic group I know has a slightly different spin....The Italians (Romans & Neapolitans) have history... 2000 yrs of it, East Europeans have there reasons & the Irish....well they have their history & story to tell as well.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I whole heartedly agree with that statement. Had I the knowledge I have today, I could have dialogged with my mother & persuaded her to leave the RCC. However you are from the Baptists. I do concede that some of these people claiming to be Baptists are as nutty as fruitcakes & I would run away as fast as my legs could carry me....but not to Catholicism, no sir....it is a mistake & given time you will realize that. As for TS, well he is another story....one that I will shut up about.

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Indeed, RCC is not the force for the Good, nor for the Justice.

1) Because RCC is far away from the Bible Teaching.

To mention a few of them:

They pray to Mary who is not Omni-Present, but simply dead woman.

They ask their god to forgive their sins because they don't believe All the sins were already forgiven at the Cross.

They believe that they go to Purgatory while the Robber at the Cross went to Paradise.

2) All the wickedness that RCC performed so far thru Inquisition, Jesuit, Nazis, etc.

3) All the wickedness thru Crusade and Proxy war etc.

They are goint to the Hell, Lake of Fire !!!

6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have always wondered how Catholics are able to reconcile the act of praying to Mary with the First Commandment.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have to disavow Mary as goddess. See it is my belief that at some stage in the RCC history, I would speculate around the time of Constantine, they really wanted a goddess to appease their pagan nature, so poor innocent Mary was lifted up to that position. She of course represents everyones momma so its ok right & everyone wants mom tohold an elevated status...so why not use Christs mom?!? And to complete the deception, give her supernatural power...the power really attributed to the status reserved for the Holy Ghost...so now (& I know I am speaking sacrilege from a RCC prospective) they take HS power & attribute it to Mary!!! My question is, then what happens to the unity of the Trinity....it is shattered by this covert paganism. Its really a slick little 'slight of hand ' that they try to pull off.

8. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For the whole Mary question it would be good for you to recognize the difference between worshipping and honoring someone. Only God is worthy of worship. As far as Mary and the saints go, asking them to pray for you is no different than me asking you to pray for me. Although with Mary there absolutely is biblical support for her "exaltation".

As far as EWF's claim that 'Mary worship' was an invention of constantine:

(1) Prayer to Saints and a particular devotion to the Virgin Mary predates Constantine by centuries. Look at the writings of folks like Irenaeus, or the prayers to Saints found in the catacombs.

(2) The whole Nimrod-Osiris thing is absolute bunk, historically. The connection was imagined by an Anglican bishop (Alexander Hislop) in the 19th century, and no reputable historian gives it any weight. Hislop's "research" is full of historical claims that are either incredibly misleading or outright false.

Ralph Woodrow, an Evangelical pastor out in California, wrote a popular book alleging the Nimrod-Osiris connection, Babylon Mystery Religion. But once he started researching the subject more, he realized that Hislop's book was full of lies and misstatements, so he retracted Babylon Mystery Religion, and published a new book, The Babylon Connection? In it, he still claims Catholicism is wrong, but he goes out of his way to show why this particular line of argumentation is wrong.

Woodrow also explained that this argument would invalidate all of Christianity, not just Catholicism, saying: "As Christians, we don’t reject prayer just because pagans pray to their gods. We don’t reject water baptism just because ancient tribes plunged into water as a religious ritual. We don’t reject the Bible just because pagans believe their writings are holy or sacred."

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I meant that Constantine sanctioned it as he did the Christian religion.