1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reaching people for Christ- The Way of the Master with Ray Comfort

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Gospel message is what the Lord blesses though...

preach/teach that we are sinners, Jesus died in our place, paid the sin debt owed to Gaod, and was traised from the dead...

THAT message is still the same, regardless if one using Evangelism explosion, way of the master, etc!

For its the work of the Holy Spirit to bring a sinner to conviction/awareness of their condition, NOT the method used!

2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

The Holy Spirit ONLY works through the Gospel, according to Romans, and the Gospel message includes the Law of God, the wrath of God, and the helplessness of man. Without these, there IS NO GOSPEL.

Again, "Law to the proud, grace to the humble" is not a method. It is a Biblical principle intrinsic to the Gospel.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    but the Apostles preached jesus death and resurrection, and the Spirit can and does honor that even if there is no law, doesn't He?

4. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

No. How can you understand the resurrection of Christ without the law? The modern gospel of "Jesus died to make you happy" is a FALSE gospel.

The apostles NEVER preached JUST the death and resurrection. If you do not realize you are a sinner, condemned by God, you cannot be saved. The Spirit convicts a man of his sin, before relief from that sin is given.

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good post;
    4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.:thumbs::thumbs::wavey:

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I agree with this.

I have never preached nor presented that "Gospel". Just because one does not use the WOTM presentation does NOT mean that they are not presenting the truth.

7. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

No one is talking about the Way of the Master "Method", (which is the "Good person test.") We are talking about the Biblical principle of "Law to the Proud, Grace to the Humble." If you do not utilize this principle, knowingly or not, you are not presenting the truth.

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Well, I must have misread the title of this thread then. :smilewinkgrin: :wavey:

9. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

No, you just apparently did not read the OP, which referenced street evangelism, not the WOTM method...

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I read it- street evangelism is not a be-all-to-end-all. Now I'm going to forget this thread ever existed. :)

11. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Corinthians 9 16-23

16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! 17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. 18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
    19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you

12. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I love the WOTM TV show, books everything. It teaches some wonderful truths that are sadly neglected in many churches today. It is what got me into street evangelism and shortly after, open-air preaching. I can actually say that I wouldn't be married if it weren't for the WOTM (Met my wife through evangelism in a local mall, longish story)! And the tracts from Living Waters are some of the best around. (Plus meeting Ray was really cool!)

However, I have two main problems with the system and with Ray Comfort. 1st, EVERYTHING Ray writes or preaches is always the same... really. If you have read The Way of the Master book, then you have read all his books. 2nd, while the "Good Person Test" is a great way to get started in one on one evangelism it is not the only way to witness and you MUST learn to adapt to the situation. I've seen people get stuck in a rut with it and it becomes a monologue toward the "victim" ;) instead of a dialogue with them.

All that being said, AMEN! that you are our sharing your faith. Not enough people do it and all should in some form or other. And If you don't see results then keep on preaching, keep on witnessing, the results are wholly up to God.
    1Cr 3:6, 7 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! View the way of the master as being A WAY the message of jesus is being used by the Lord, but its not ONLY way!

Whichever way you chose to use, just use it!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Implied within the Gosopel message though IS that we are sinners, else why would Jesus need to die to atone for us?

Just was saying that we do NOT need to always list the 10 Commandments before going into grace. just stating the Romans road is sufficient!

15. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I disagree. Just saying "all have sinned" is meaningless to most people today. They need to understand what sin is...and the law of God is how you show that to them.

16. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My son attended the Ambassadors Academy, and he brought back the
    entire WOTM program, and I went through it with him. I agree, I think
    it's a great way to evangelize and outreach....but it's not the only way.
    I agree with what was said above, I gleaned some stuff from that
    program and included it with my church soul-winning class.

Every weapon added to the arsenal is good.

This is spiritual warfare.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've never met a lost person that had to have sin explained to them. I thought according to your doctrine they were created enslaved to it? How many slaves out there who do not know their masters?

People love darkness over the light. Hard to love something you don't know or recognize.

#137 webdog, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The single greatest evangelism tool is something we all have and that is completely unique. Our testimony. This does not require asking someone if they are a good person.

I will not put the working of the Holy Spirit into one method of evangelism.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank God its upon the Holy Spirit to get people saved, for if dependent upon us, think that God realises that its NOT the method, its Him !