1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reasoning Together

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by NetChaplain, Jan 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetChaplain

NetChaplain Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, and like your ID with J Gill, my favorite commentator. So you may be familiar also with Albert Barnes, my second favorite (and I usually only need these two).

Thankfully, what one believes concerning growth truths doesn't effect essential truths of receiving salvation. Example of essential truth is doctrine required for receiving salvation; growth truths are doctrines relating to spiritual growth in Christ (Rom 8:29; 2Co 3:18; Eph 4:15).

Those in the Book of Life are un-hinderingly (probably not a word) led by God to salvific truth!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven,which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

Each day we go out as the Israelites did and gather the new Manna from Heaven. As the Israelites were sustained daily directly by God so we are sustained daily by the new Manna from Heaven, Jesus Himself in Covenant.

“Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Manand drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who eats me will live because of me.”

We live by the daily bread sent directly by the Father Mercy to sustain us, Jesus Himself in the Eucharist.

“This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.”

The Covenant is renewed every time two become One, not just in Spirit but in Truth. And so with Christ and His Bride the Church, the Covenant is renewed, Christ giving Life to His Bride in the Eucharistic Covenant.

Catholicism is supernatural Christianity, not the desupernaturalised and rationalised beliefs of Protestantism, that believes only what it understands. It requires no faith to believe rationalisations.

We are drawn back to Christ Jesus on that one Cross at that one Sacrifice. You do not believe that Jesus draws all men himself on the Cross, which defies Jesus own words yet again.

Protestantism is de-supernaturalised, rationalised and sanitised, what you are encountering is supernatural Christianity that truly believes the Divine Words of Christ.

“ Take this ALL of you and eat it, THIS IS my Body “

“ Take this ALL of you and drink it, THIS IS the Cup of my Blood, the Blood of the new and everlasting Covenant “

“ And when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL men to myself “

“ My Flesh is real food, and my blood real drink “

Eat and drink, lest the journey be too long for you.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As this thread is wandering into an RCC catechism class it is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.