1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reasons why the average church congregation is only 89

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One thing that has made giving more consistent is we have an electronic system where people can set up their tithe to be taken from their bank account at regular intervals. This has stabilized the funding (I have talked with my pastor's about this). It has been beneficial for me so now I may miss some time from church, but my funding remains consistent.
    My church is very healthy with members from all age groups. People take membership seriously. I love being with my church family.

2. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm the treasurer at my church. And, man, I would love everyone to use electronic payment methods. And, I'd like to tell the members to stop giving coins in the offering, counting coins isn't worth my time. I've also realized some things. Stealing is so easy, so I'm sure it's very common at churches, which is another reason for electronic payments (which wouldn't stop fraudulent spending, but would stop grabbing cash out of the offering). And, I can't imagine most churches having anyone competent enough to produce accurate accounting.

Yes, but how many non-religious people is your church turning into churched people? And, how many disciples of Christ is your church making, rather than just enrolling people into a deistic community club?

3. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do not subscribe to therapeutic moral deism.
    God is bringing people to us and we preach the gospel. We generally baptize about 4-8 people per year.
    Being a church who recognizes that God chooses whom He will save. We preach the gospel and we act as ambassadors of reconciliation, calling people to repentance. We feel no compelling reason to "win" anyone. That's not the task of the church. It's God's task to save the rebel soul. It's our task to tell the rebel that there is reconciliation with God by God's grace, through faith.
    No church is perfect, but my church is healthy. We members keep each other accountable. We address sin with our members and we encourage our members to live righteous lives in this life of exile. We pray for the peace of the city. I am grateful to God for my church. Last year we provided 4000 lbs of food for our local food shelf. We have wonderful servants.

• Like Like x 1