1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReBaptism and Private Prayer Language

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jimmy C, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's just as I said. SBC and Pulpit just don't know what to look for.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What more information do you need? Perhaps Kiffen or someone else can give more information. </font>[/QUOTE]I would need to know details about the churches and the jobs. In every situation I've seen where one is faced with a choice, one or more of the choices will involve some compromise of Scriptural principles. And where the choices look equally good, it's only because one either hasn't researched the choices well enough or he doesn't know the Scriptures as well as he should.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psalm 1:1-3

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know what I find interesting? No one has taken me to task concerning my tongues experience.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

No is fooled by your feigned spiritual arrogance.

I am done talking to you. Your arrogance comes out in every post you make.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there you have it folks! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Let's give'em a big round of applause for being so much better than I am. [​IMG]

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not think that is even close. </font>[/QUOTE]Henry Blackaby spoke about two years ago at SWBTS. What do you think he was getting at when he said "Christians are often theological conservatives but practical atheists"?

http://bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=17795

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where men are the most sure and arrogant, they are usually the most mistaken.
    David Hume (1711-1776)

A know-it-all always seems to have the solution to every problem right in the hollow of his head.

A smart aleck knows everything, except how to keep others from thinking him a fool.

When two know-it-alls get together; why do they always disagree?

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An item related to this topic:

I know of a Pentecostal Church that about 15 years ago experienced a reformation. A few of the men began to hold the Scriptures as supreme. The interesting thing is that the ecstatic experiences were less intense and less frequent until they disappeared altogether.

The music services got shorter, and the preaching got longer and deeper. Attendance fell drastically as the "prophets" and "apostles" split away and founded their own churches. Some who attended there are attending SBC churches now. And they're well-received because they can really sing.

They still call themselves a Pentecostal Church, but they're nothing like Pentecostal in practice. If they were to change their name, they'd have to call themselves Reformed, because they are Reformed in every way, except in the matter of pedobaptism.

A true work of God, without all the signs and wonders.

9. PastorSBC1303

I do not think that is even close. </font>[/QUOTE]Henry Blackaby spoke about two years ago at SWBTS. What do you think he was getting at when he said "Christians are often theological conservatives but practical atheists"?

</font>[/QUOTE]I agree with Blackaby. But I am not sure how that relates to the quote?

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

</font>[/QUOTE]Are you "most sure" about this, gb?

11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

</font>[/QUOTE]Are you "most sure" about this, gb?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Sure about what? Did you read the article?

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you sure you guys aren't really Pentecostal at heart?

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

James points out that a genuine saving faith is accompanied by works. If you are a practical atheist then you are also a theological atheist. A genuine saving faith proves itself in its actions. A genuine saving faith is accompanied by the practical component of making disciples.

A genuine believer makes disciples who make disciples. A practical atheist does not.

Mt. 7:20-23, "So then, you will know them by their fruits. "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. "Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you sure about the point you're making with the supporting evidence? I mean, if we look at this in the light of your post about arrogance and know-it-alls, can we assume that you really don't know anything?

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Consider the books of the prophets. </font>[/QUOTE]Surely you are not going to put the writings of a person on the BB on the same level with the inspired writings of a prophet guided by the Lord? </font>[/QUOTE]Not at all. The prophets were quite negative. People that want an all positive "make me feel good" religion do not listen to the voice of God when the messenger arrives. Consider how many listened to the voice of the prophets? Any?

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you sure about the point you're making with the supporting evidence? I mean, if we look at this in the light of your post about arrogance and know-it-alls, can we assume that you really don't know anything? </font>[/QUOTE]Did the shoe fit?

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any answers to the questions.

17. PastorSBC1303

James points out that a genuine saving faith is accompanied by works. If you are a practical atheist then you are also a theological atheist. A genuine saving faith proves itself in its actions. A genuine saving faith is accompanied by the practical component of making disciples.

A genuine believer makes disciples who make disciples. A practical atheist does not.

Mt. 7:20-23, "So then, you will know them by their fruits. "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. "Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'
    </font>[/QUOTE]I think Blackaby's article is right on the mark. I always enjoy his work.

He particularly has a great quote here:

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is your authority?
    Wasn't he involved in the Communist movement, and an atheist as well?