1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reddit and tumblr, satan's playground?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Miss E, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Miss E

Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    so I tried to witness to a few folks on reddit recently and there is so much misrepresentation of the Bible! I was telling one man that one of God's commandments is to Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.". He said. 'oh but it's not written on Moses' tablets he brought down so it's not a commandment!'

?!?!?

People are so blind!! it's so sad!! He just calls God a conceited being that just demands our WORSHIP and nothing else, otherwise He sends people like this man (who follow God's commandments and is a generally 'good person') just being thrown into Hell because they wouldn't worship God!

I presented the Gospel MULTIPLE times but he still went on and on about God is mean for not letting everyone into heaven since if we do what he asks why aren't we good enough for heaven?

-SMH-

Tumblr is JUST as bad. You say the name of Jesus on one of their tags such as the homosexuality or abortion tag and you will be RUN DOWN BY THE CRAZY SELF-RIGHTEOUS, TOLERANT OF EVERY SIN UNDER THE SUN TYPE.

Lord help us witness to these people!!!

Any tips for witnessing to these sad folk?

2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe not much. Pray, pray, pray. And do realize that many people who react were raised in strict homes they couldn’t abide, or feel they were abused by church leaders (and probably were).

One comment I like very much, used by John Lennox in discussing with atheists: “The god you don’t believe in, I don’t believe in either.” People have many preconceived ideas about God that, while not true, may seem to be reinforced by our own attitudes.

Sometimes you have to hear about the hurts before you can minister the Gospel. Lennox refers to it as “putting the ears back on,” a reference to Jesus’ following up Peter’s misplaced zeal during the garden arrest.

I'm not suggesting that the Internet is the best place to accomplish this. It may be the worst.

• Like Like x 1