1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reformed, Calvinist or both?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by FERRON BRIMSTONE, Sep 14, 2006.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Chastise unto death, still we should keep our eyes on Jesus, He is your only hope to make it through it.

I rather be in the dark with Jesus than in the light on my own.

2. jne1611

jne1611 Member

OK. I see your point. The reason I ask you these things is, that I believe that God's children can get into sin & become a backslider & so bring upon themselves the chastisement of God. And sometimes the judgment of God brings their death. But I do not believe this constitutes the evidence that they were not saved. I believe it came because they were saved & God judged them. Do you believe this?

3. psalms109:31

Encouragment

Hebrews 3:
    Warning Against Unbelief
    7So, as the Holy Spirit says:
    "Today, if you hear his voice,
    8do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion,
    during the time of testing in the desert,
    9where your fathers tested and tried me
    and for forty years saw what I did.
    10That is why I was angry with that generation,
    and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray,
    and they have not known my ways.'
    11So I declared on oath in my anger,
    'They shall never enter my rest.' "[Psalm 95:7-11]

12See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 14We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. 15As has just been said:
    "Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion."[Psalm 95:7,8]

16Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? 18And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed[Or disbelieved]? 19So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

People love leading others to fall into the same pit they are and they really think they are doing the will of God

I can not ask people to take a chance on thier salvation. We must endure to the end to be saved. If we love anything more than Jesus,even our own doctrine, we are not worthy of Him.

Since God did not spare the natural branches He will not spare us either. So we are not to be arragont but afraid.

God didn't cut out the unbelieving Jews because they were not chosen, but because of unbelief.

How can you encourage someone to not have a believing heart, by saying it is O.K. We encourage other to not give up in Jesus no matter what because as the scripture says.

We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.

I pray that you do not persue in this persuit you have but to encourage one another to hold firmly to the hope we had at first. If God did not spare the natural branches He will not spare us either.

You just cannot throw scripture out of the Bible, but know that you must endure to the end to be saved.

If someone slaps us in the face we don't back down from the truth we turn to them the other check

#123 psalms109:31, Nov 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2006
  4. jne1611

jne1611 Member

Well, I guess all that can be taken as a no. You sound like one of those who take perseverance way to far to me & make no room for fallen Christians. You talk over and over about throwing Scripture out of the Bible. But it seems you confuse backsliding with apostasy from the faith. Whether you believe it or not, they are not the same.

5. psalms109:31

Backsliding

I have no problem with backsliders except for those who do to point them to get up and direct them back to Jesus.

Backliding is not the will of God in our lives, the will of God is us to believe.

I cannot lie to people but to tell them the truth that only those who endure to te end shall be saved.

I am commanded to encourage people to believe not that it's ok to backslide.

It is God who said that it is only those who endure to the end will be saved, not me.

6. jne1611

jne1611 Member

No one here is encouraging backsliding. What I am saying is that to be chastised unto death does not mean they went to hell.

7. psalms109:31

Scripture

I cannot agree with that or let others depend on what you believe, but to believe Jesus.

We must endure to the end to be saved.

8. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

My own experience is that I cannot but endure... Nothing will stop me enduring to the end because it is God's will and His power is on me.

David

9. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Hello,

You didn't say whose message you were replying to, so I'm not sure what you cannot agree with. However, once more you seem to be suggesting that there are people on this Board who believe that there is some other way for sinners to be saved, apart from believing in Jesus Christ. Is that what you really mean? I know I am fairly new to the Baptist Board, but so far, although I have seen messages where people disagree about the Second Coming, bible versions, the date of the birth of Jesus, and many other things, I have not seen even one message from someone claiming that there is some other way to be saved.

As for enduring to the end, yes, Jesus said, "He who endures to the end shall be saved." (Mark 13:13). But is He really saying that some who are truly Christians won't endure to the end? Surely not. How could He, when He also says in John 6.37: "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out."? And how does it square with those glorious words to believers in Romans 8.35-39:

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
    36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
    37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
    38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
    39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Yours by His grace alone,

10. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Salvation is a act of Grace.

God's love is Soveriegn.

You cannot lose Salvation. Although I am toward the thought at the present time of my life that you can be born again and not be of the Elect, that is something I am studying at the moment.

The Gifts and Calling of God are irrevocable.

Respectfully,

David