1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reformed Church services

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SolaSaint, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you are not alone in that. Quite a few people do.

2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

LOL I'm really not.

I enjoy a good mix of hymns and contemporary worship songs. I believe instruments have a place in our worship.

I am not into the chaotic services of many charismatic churches. Which I would say are the eclectic ones.

I am also not into the liturgical services.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont ever recall seeing Regulative (Id say anal retentive) Principle of Worship at a Congregational Church I used to attend...... in fact It was happy & relaxed....with music for example, we sang both contemporary & Ole Time Religion hymns.....and here is one for ya.....they had a Christmas Tree

Now congregationalist follow DoG so your saying your upholding RPW at Orthodox Presby & Reformed Baptist Churches. Here is my question to you Herald, Do you personally display a tree, Christmas Decorations, Lights etc?

4. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know if you quite understand what I was saying. Most true Reformed Baptist churches are different that non-Reformed "Calvinistic" churches. A local Baptist church may believe the Doctrines of Grace, but other than that one distinctive they are not Reformed in anything else they do. They may be dispensational, eschew elder rule, non-confessional, and have eclectic tastes in worship etc. A true RB church is usually self-described as such. In addition they usually share a common set of beliefs such as; Covenant Theology (without infant baptism), elder rule, confessionalism, covenantalism, and a Reformed view of the ordinances. To differing degrees RB churches also believe in honoring the Lord's Day, and worshiping as God has prescribed in the Bible (see white paper on the Regulative Principle of Worship).

Not even local Presbyterian churches agree with and practice everything their general assemblies, synods, and presbyteries hand down. If their church polity has disagreements, how much more so among us Baptists! So, when you ask about Christmas trees, or celebrating Christmas at all, you are going to find Reformed Baptists holding to different positions. My personal view is that the Bible never tell us to celebrate Christmas or Easter as church holidays. However, we do not mandate to our members that they cannot celebrate these holidays in their personal lives. In fact I have no problem with celebrating them apart from the church. My concern is with worshiping God, on the Lord's Day, as He has prescribed. It is a matter of obedience, not legalism. I do not think we become more righteous or in any way better than the next Christian because of our view of worship.

#84 Reformed, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, I dont participate with ARBCA churches.....Im more of a Primitive Baptist.

6. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a lot of respect for my Primitive Baptist brethren.

7. Reformed

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, btw, my church is not ARBCA affiliated. I respect what ARBCA does, but it is our desire to remain unaffiliated.