1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reformed Salvation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t understand why anyone would waste cyber space attempting to discuss God’s sovereignty with you. You obviously have no interest in serious biblical discussion but want only to spew hatred for the doctrines of grace and those that believe what scripture actually teaches.

I’ll leave you to your unbiblical rankings.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think this is unfair?

Is God unjust if He punishes all who have sinned with eternal damnation?

Would God be unfair if you, a known criminal and breaker of God's law, were judged according to the law of God?

Is God unfair when He grants mercy because His Son paid the penalty of the Law for you, but not for your neighbor?

Do you blame the President of the United States for pardoning some criminals, but not pardoning all criminals?

Think through what you are actually doing when you get upset at the reality that the Sovereign King chooses to be merciful to whom He wills. Why are you offended by the Kings choice? Do you think He is an unfair King?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about dealing with the LIES that you have accused me of, as I have shown in the OP, that Reformed theologians are AGAINST what you believe!

4. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus says:
    John 10:3-5
    The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice. They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.”

Paul reminds us that though they hear, they do not recognize God's voice.

Romans 10:16-20
    But not everyone welcomes the Good News, for Isaiah the prophet said, “Lord, who has believed our message?” So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. But I ask, have the people of Israel actually heard the message? Yes, they have: “The message has gone throughout the earth, and the words to all the world.” But I ask, did the people of Israel really understand? Yes, they did, for even in the time of Moses, God said, “I will rouse your jealousy through people who are not even a nation. I will provoke your anger through the foolish Gentiles.” And later Isaiah spoke boldly for God, saying, “I was found by people who were not looking for me. I showed myself to those who were not asking for me.”

sbg, your verses destroy your own argument, yet you seem oblivious to how scripture argues against you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    as usual, you IGNORE John chapter 5, because it DESTROYS your theology!

6. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dealt with it. I told you that you are clueless as to what they mean in those quotes you plucked.
    I notice that since scripture does not support you, you now have reverted to plucking random quotes from 500 years back as your approach to desperately holding your unsupported doctrine of salvation by works.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I ask again, you saying the the Reformed theologians in the OP, including Confessions, etc, and wrong, and you right?

8. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 5:1-47
    Jesus returned to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish holy days. Inside the city, near the Sheep Gate, was the pool of Bethesda, with five covered porches. Crowds of sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed—lay on the porches. One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?” “I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me.” Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!” Instantly, the man was healed! He rolled up his sleeping mat and began walking! But this miracle happened on the Sabbath, so the Jewish leaders objected. They said to the man who was cured, “You can’t work on the Sabbath! The law doesn’t allow you to carry that sleeping mat!” But he replied, “The man who healed me told me, ‘Pick up your mat and walk.’” “Who said such a thing as that?” they demanded. The man didn’t know, for Jesus had disappeared into the crowd. But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and told him, “Now you are well; so stop sinning, or something even worse may happen to you.” Then the man went and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had healed him. So the Jewish leaders began harassing Jesus for breaking the Sabbath rules. But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.” So the Jewish leaders tried all the harder to find a way to kill him. For he not only broke the Sabbath, he called God his Father, thereby making himself equal with God. So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him everything he is doing. In fact, the Father will show him how to do even greater works than healing this man. Then you will truly be astonished. For just as the Father gives life to those he raises from the dead, so the Son gives life to anyone he wants. In addition, the Father judges no one. Instead, he has given the Son absolute authority to judge, so that everyone will honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Anyone who does not honor the Son is certainly not honoring the Father who sent him. “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. “And I assure you that the time is coming, indeed it’s here now, when the dead will hear my voice—the voice of the Son of God. And those who listen will live. The Father has life in himself, and he has granted that same life-giving power to his Son. And he has given him authority to judge everyone because he is the Son of Man. Don’t be so surprised! Indeed, the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of God’s Son, and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment. I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will. “If I were to testify on my own behalf, my testimony would not be valid. But someone else is also testifying about me, and I assure you that everything he says about me is true. In fact, you sent investigators to listen to John the Baptist, and his testimony about me was true. Of course, I have no need of human witnesses, but I say these things so you might be saved. John was like a burning and shining lamp, and you were excited for a while about his message. But I have a greater witness than John—my teachings and my miracles. The Father gave me these works to accomplish, and they prove that he sent me. And the Father who sent me has testified about me himself. You have never heard his voice or seen him face to face, and you do not have his message in your hearts, because you do not believe me—the one he sent to you. “You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life. “Your approval means nothing to me, because I know you don’t have God’s love within you. For I have come to you in my Father’s name, and you have rejected me. Yet if others come in their own name, you gladly welcome them. No wonder you can’t believe! For you gladly honor each other, but you don’t care about the honor that comes from the one who alone is God. “Yet it isn’t I who will accuse you before the Father. Moses will accuse you! Yes, Moses, in whom you put your hopes. If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me. But since you don’t believe what he wrote, how will you believe what I say?”

How does John 5 destroy John 10 and Romans 10?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What version are you quoting from? NLT maybe? I’m not for sure as I’ve barely read that version.

10. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I say that you are clueless regarding what they say and thus you are wrong and don't understand what they say. sbg, you are the one in the wrong. You gotta deal with you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct
    I generally read ESV and NLT. They both have their benefits.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to derail the dismantling, but I’m enjoying reading your posted verses. :Thumbsup:Thumbsup:Thumbsup

13. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dude, I am open to correction. You say that I am wrong and don't undetstand what I have quoted in the OP. Then why don't you show from the quotes in the OP, where I am wrong?

14. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you TRY to dismantle the OP??? I have quoted from Reformed theologians to DISPROVE the LIES posted here by those who PRETEND to be "reformed" in their theology. Their OWN disagrees with them!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is spoken to the Jews who wanted to MURDER Jesus, Jesus tells THEM, "However, I say these things that you may be saved". Can you read? Jesus tells THEM that He wants to SAVED, so Jesus DIED for their sins!

16. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about you address what I said.

Do you think this is unfair?

Is God unjust if He punishes all who have sinned with eternal damnation?

Would God be unfair if you, a known criminal and breaker of God's law, were judged according to the law of God?

Is God unfair when He grants mercy because His Son paid the penalty of the Law for you, but not for your neighbor?

Do you blame the President of the United States for pardoning some criminals, but not pardoning all criminals?

Think through what you are actually doing when you get upset at the reality that the Sovereign King chooses to be merciful to whom He wills. Why are you offended by the Kings choice? Do you think He is an unfair King?

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your logic is wrong as you read this passage. Look at it.
    You quote one sentence and then conclude that "Jesus tells them that he wants to save."
    You then jump to the conclusion that Jesus died (atoned) for all their sins.
    Now look at John 5 and see how it does not support you.
    John 5:21,24,37-40
    For just as the Father gives life to those he raises from the dead, so the Son gives life to anyone he wants.

“I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

And the Father who sent me has testified about me himself.
    You have never heard his voice or seen him face to face, and you do not have his message in your hearts, because you do not believe me—the one he sent to you. “You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.

sbg, you keep fighting against the bit of God's word.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    EVERY human being, from Adam till the last, DESERVES ONLY eternal punishment. Period!

Don't try to make me BLAME God for anything, it is YOUR version of theology, which you claim to be "reformed", that I attack as UNBIBLICAL.

When, for example, Jesus says in John 3:18, "He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God". where is it very clear that those who do not believe will be damned to eternal punishment. It is also clear from this, that Saving Faith cannot be a "gift" given only to the elect, so that they might believe. HOW can God, according to your theology, give the elect Saving Faith, as a GIFT, and thereby they can believe and be saved. And then those He does not give this Faith to, who therefore cannot believe, can be damned, because they were not given this Faith in the first place? It is YOUR theology that makes God to be unjust, and NOT how I read what the Bible is teaching. This is one of the grave errors in YOUR system, on salvation

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  19. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that you lack understanding!

If Jesus tells these murdering Jews, that He wanted to save them, then it is very OBVIOUS, that Jesus had to have died for them, in order to save them! Can't you grasp this very simple teaching?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He answered everything you asked in a way that you could not respond to me he most certainly responded very well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.