1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reformed Speculation VS Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Mar 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Premillennial fallacy?

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think a 1000 years more then a day!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the end, hopefully we here can all agree that the Lord will do what is the right thing!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but can they believe in what they are hearing?

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    if He cannot, can He really be then God, as something too hard for Him to accomplish?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are taking the Lutheran view that God imparts saving faith to infants, its just they see that as done in infant Baptism?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Grace is what saves us, not our faith!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that impossible for God to do then?

9. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice your interpretation of David's comment is speculative. "Probably the grave."
    What we know is that David said he would go to be with his son. By faith he believed this.
    So I ask: Is David in heaven or hell?

2 Samuel 12:23
    But now he is dead. Why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.”

There is my direct quote.

Dave, we either live by faith or we don't. We either take David's faith as accurate and applicable to us or we don't.

In this area of unborn, young infants and the mentally disabled, we either hold to hope by faith or we grieve deeply over the eternal damnation of these persons.

Have you had an infant die or had a miscarriage? Do you know the experience of death and disappointment? Can you at all relate to David? Can you acknowledge that this verse is divinely placed to give believers hope for their children, that God may choose to graciously save their babies?

There is much silence in scripture on this issue. But, there is a sliver of revelation through David. I will acknowledge the faith of David and apply it to my own grief. You may reject it. This is your peragative. What we both will know is that God will reveal his good and perfect will regarding these person's when we are brought fully into God's Kingdom upon our own death. Then we will rejoice in the perfect goodness and justice of God who always acts in love.

Peace

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That testifies to grace of God, as an infant formed by union of adultery and murder can die and still get to heaven!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did David expect to be with His God?

12. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It does not say what you want it to say. Don't add to God's word. Did all of David's family go to heaven based on bloodline? Hardly if you look at the fallout because of David's sin.

13. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Job, by faith, understood we would live with our Redeemer.

Job 19:25-27
    For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another. My heart faints within me!

The question is whether God can be the Redeemer of the unborn, the infant and the mentally disabled. I believe God saves by grace alone, apart from any merit on our part.

14. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What we know from God's word is David expected to die and be buried. Which was the case of the dead infant.

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not looking for human cooperation. I said from the beginning of our interaction that faith is bestowed. What you are looking for is a way of salvation apart from faith. The hearing of faith doesn't depend on carnal ears or cognitive development. It's a spiritual thing, but I see by your wresting that you think faith is something we possess by nature. A human thing. I don't think you're so zealous for the Gospel here as you are for the hope that there is some other way to enter in, and calling it grace.

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Premillennialism is a fallacy.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not with God. With God a 1000 years is as a day. But the point you should have seized upon is that the so-called reward is corruptible and will be burned.

18. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus could have Died, been Buried, and Rose Again, for NOTHING, in that scenario where 'God is Helpless'.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell me about the souls of these infants. Their souls, not their underdeveloped brains or bodies. Are their souls infantile? Those taken in infancy, do their infant souls depend on heavenly nurseries? Do they suckle at the breasts of angels? Or are their souls like the souls of those adults who are taken?

In the Resurrection, will it be an infant body?

Tell me those things, and I will tell you whether or not they can believe.

No. Because I don't see where all infants are elect by virtue of their infancy. But if all infants are, then can you deny them baptism?

You are judging by the outward appearance. You think of faith as an 'adult' thing or a cognitive exercise, and not a spiritual gift. And you are retaining superstitious notions of ghosts in your thinking. You think of one's body as a reflection of one's soul, and thinking that the souls of infants are as infants, and they are not.

Yes it is by grace that God works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure. But you're looking for a way into the fold by means other than the Door.

Nothing is impossible. But not all things are His will.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    is anything too difficult for God to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.