1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Reformed V Biblical Salvation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Jun 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To the wrong person

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know God's intentions? are you His confident?.Does God discuss everything He does with you first?If scripture tells you then post the verses
    MB

3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iconoclast shares scripture and you call it "hate for the unsaved."
    The universal call does not result in universal salvation. Instead it results in particular salvation to those whom God has made alive.

sbw, you don't seem to hate sin. Nor do you seem to hate the sin of the world. Thus, you don't grasp the need for justice toward law breakers. You seem to think God rejoices and loves lawlessness. You seem to think that God passively puts up a billboard and then sits under a shade tree waiting for the godless. You seem to ignore the biblical teaching of adoption whereby the parent chooses whom he adopts as his child.
    You seem to think God is unloving if he doesn't wait for humans to "freely" choose him instead. You cry out WHY, WHY, WHY like an infant toddler having a tantrum and then accuse others of hating those who hate God, our Father.

Instead of asking "why" start asking "for what purpose." For what purpose did God choose his children? The answer is in 2 Corinthians 5.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring. For this is what the promise said: “About this time next year I will return, and Sarah shall have a son.” And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God’s part? By no means! For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills. You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles? As indeed he says in Hosea, “Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’” “And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’” And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved, for the Lord will carry out his sentence upon the earth fully and without delay.” And as Isaiah predicted, “If the Lord of hosts had not left us offspring, we would have been like Sodom and become like Gomorrah.”
    ~ Romans 9:8-29

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nonsense The Bible never says the Holly Spirit quickens anyone.
    MB

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You accuse others falsely and hold to a man made doctrine.
    MB

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This doesn't tell us God's intentions in the new testiment. This tells us what He did in the past. You just don't know do you?
    MB

8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible never says Gentiles are elect. You must be imagining you are a Jew LOL.You Calvinist have wild philosophies don't you.
    MB

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must be a version switcher. If one version doesn't say it the way you like it, you quote from a different version.. No wonder you are so mixed up.
    MB

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You once again ignore the verses offered and yet make as if you are interacting?:Cautious
    This is speaking of where the love of God is found.
    Do the unsaved have the Holy Spirit indwelling them savingly?
    The whole passage5:1 on down is speaking about those justified through faith.
    Non elect persons remain in rebellion and never know Jesus in Mt.7:21-24....i never at anytime knew you.
    read your non responses on the flood,...the world of the ungodly,Peter tells us! Did Peter hate them?
    The angels destroying Sodom...did they quote Jn3:16?
    1sam15:3...Destroy them, men , women,infants, sucklings....Did Jn3:16 as you wrongly attempt to use it,spare them some how?
    Maybe the soldiers had it written on the edge of their swords?:Sick
    Was it fair?How do you explain that to your friends sitting over fish and chips?
    Those in heaven in rev.19 had no trouble.
    No biblical response from you:Notworthy
    How about David and Goliath?
    Is David the foul villain for not sharing the 4 spiritual laws with Goliath?
    Your defective theology has to languish and be full of contradictions if you even begin to answer, which we see you avoid 80% of the time:Sick.
    How did God scattering the people and confounding the languages help the unsaved to believe the gospel?
    The tower of Babel was a judgment to protect the Godly line, the elect.
    We could see the dame pattern throughout scripture, but you and your posse post against calling the biblical God a "monster":Cautious:Cautious:confused::Cautious:confused:

11. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    you are still ignoring the fact, that IF God does not love the wicked lost, then WHY did He use Noah to warn them before He sent the flood? Was it not so that they too could be saved? This is the crux of the matter, God would not even bother with those who are going to hell, UNLESS He in His infinite Love and Mercy, wanted them to be saved! THIS IS THE TRUE GOSPEL.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are free to answer any of the verses I offered, but you have an inability to do so.
    You need a basic understanding like a confession of faith offers.The fact that you cannot grasp that all elect persons were positionally found IN Christ, before the world was is astounding.
    The bible is a closed book to you.
    Ask God to help you as everyone has urged you to do.

13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet, scripture passages have been provided, not just one verse plucked out of context. And you, deny that the Holy Spirit quickens, even though the scripture is clear that God quickens those whom he chooses.

MB, at this point all readers can see you are in open denial of God's word.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuses, excuses, excuses...

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well. Yeah!:

Synergism: the doctrine that the human will cooperates with the Holy Ghost in the work of regeneration.

Monergism: the doctrine that the Holy Ghost acts independently of the human will in the work of regeneration.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The goodness of God is meant to lead men to repentance but being dead in sin they will not come. You are avoiding the verses once again
    I understand.You have no answer.
    Have a spot of tea, and get back to us.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh dear, Oh dear! This old chestnut was chewed up and spat out last time it came up. Acts 13:48. 'Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.'

• Like Like x 1
  18. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MB, your extreme case of Calvinist Derangement Syndrome (CDS) totally blinds you to basic foundational truths of the Christian religion.

Ask God for help with your CDS.

11 for the children being not yet born, neither having done anything good or bad, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth,
    23 and that he might make known the riches of his glory upon vessels of mercy, which he afore prepared unto glory,
    24 even us, whom he also called, not from the Jews only, but also from the Gentiles? Ro 9

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here you are grasping at straws to prove Gentiles are elect again. You lost last time you will loose this time as well.
    We are all appointed to eternal life the moment we believe.
    From the YLT;
    Act 13:48 And the nations hearing were glad, and were glorifying the word of the Lord, and did believe—as many as were appointed to life age-during;

20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still preaching your philosophies. The old testament doesn't say Gentiles are elect either.. Being called and elect are two different things.
    You still haven't proven Gentiles are elect. You just assume which is what you do best.
    MB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.