1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Refreshing Day For Healthcare

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Aug 16, 2009.

1. targus

targus New Member

You have repeatedly said that you don't think that abortion is the taking of a life.

You have repeatedly reminded us that abortion is legal.

On what grounds are you against abortion?

I know that I have asked you this question many times in many different forms - I'm just hoping that you will answer it just once.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That sounds like the same crap BaptistBeliever, Just Christian, Freedom, and alatide spew. Have you heard of the ban on Partial Birth Abortion?

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I am not really able to openly discuss my views on this board. They are forbidden by the rules.

However, in generalities let me say this, I believe the Bible for what it says. I don't take my views to the bible and search for scripture to support them. I go to the Bible as an empty vessel and ask the Lord to fill it with understanding of His word.

Refusing any gift from God is objectionable to God. I don't believe abortion has to be murder to make discarding or refusing the gift objectionable to God. I read in scripture how Jesus took great time to teach us the importance of value of fully developing and using that which is given to us by God. Be it a talent, a penny or a child, we are to offer them back to God use them to His Glory. Remember, our values are not God's values and we must be careful to adhere to God's values and not ours.

Every gift from God is precious. Life is the greatest gift God gives and is the basis of the greatest Love story ever told. God loved us so much He gave to man his Son. Children, which are the foundation of life are the second most precious gift God gives, second only to eternal life. And such innocence as a child is representative of the kingdom. To see someone discard or refuse this blessing or gift from God is very objectionable to God and so also me.

Just as a seed will become a tree, I have no doubt a fetus is a future life. I just have a different belief of when the Bible says a seed becomes a tree or when a fetus becomes a life. However, no one except a truly lost soul would ever discard any gift from God.

This is also why you see me so concerned about the young mother who chose to have the abortion. They are lost and in great need of a savior. I don't want to see them in hell because I failed to bring them the Good News of Jesus.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If I can quote someone from this board, is that good enough to you? Are you denying they could have done more?

5. OldRegular

Yes! They were fortunate to get that past the baby killing democrats!

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

They had the majority and some democrats like the Blue Dogs are pro-life. They had the votes.

7. OldRegular

Then can I assume that according to you the slaughter of the unborn is not a sin?

#27 OldRegular, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  8. OldRegular

You are wrong. It would have been filibustered by the baby killing democrats in the Senate even if it could have gotten through the house.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So does that mean you don't try because you THINK it might get filibustered?

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't believe it's biblically considered murder no but as I stated, it would be objectionable to God to refuse or reject His gift or blessing.