1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Refutation of Rick Norris "Unbound Scriptures"

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by DrJamesAch, Jun 8, 2013.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Headache? If so, you made it yourself.

Why did you not take a shot at Mr. Norris, or support him, insteada trying to derail the thread with goofy stuff?

The reason I won't answer your stuff here is simple...THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT FORUM FOR IT! I'd be contributing to the misture and codwallop if I went off track to pursue your bunny trail.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH...

Dr. Ach, your citing of Mr. Kinney as an "authority" on translation and hermeneutics of of refuting Mr. Norris is as citing Junior Samples as an authority on neurosurgery. Mr. Kinney'e unwritten motto is "My KJVO Doctrine, Right Or Wrong".

2. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SHE brought it up, not I. However, I have a quick temper, and DO respond to attacks. That's one of my many faults. I shoulda just ignored her.

And again, I've been here 13 years; my beliefs are not secret. There are over 7K posts by me here in the archives or active forums, available for public perusal. And I've been on the net since its inception, always under either robycop3 or Steelmaker. Anyone any time can see what I believe. I'm just not gonna discuss it here, as this forum is meant for other things.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

You're arguing about apples and the discussion is about oranges.

If you want to discuss the "weird and heretical beliefs" of others, just start another thread.

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Rick, I didn't ask for someone else's opinion of your book. I asked for YOUR rebuttal of his review of your book. In detail, exactly what is/are his "misrepresentations and distortion" of your work?

While the context is different, you wrote:
    Why should I accept your condemnation of Kinney's review of your book before you provide "consistent, positive proof and evidence that" his "suppositions and opinions" are not true? He has stated his case. Will you state yours?

5. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The consistent, positive proof of Will McKinney's subjective misrepresentations and incorrect portrayal of my view is found in my book and in my other writings including my posts.

Anyone can check out the evidence for themselves by reading and comparing both if they are willing to make the effort.

You were properly given an example of how someone checked the claims of McKinney out for themselves and found them to be incorrect.

6. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, roby, I started a thread on the topic IN THE PROPER forum. Now, I'm inviting you to come to that thread and discuss what you believe. We'll now all see whether you have the nerve to show up, or continue to evade.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1994862#post1994862

#46 Baptist4life, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
  7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I joined in. Now, let's see YOU either provide some Scriptural support for KJVO, or admit it's all man-made and false.

And let's see you try to refute Mr. Norris!

8. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since I've made no KJVO claims, I don't need to supply support for it. I simply said both sides have been arguing it for years, each having valid points. I neither support nor reject it. Frankly, I just don't see it as the terrible evil the rest of you seem to. I find Calvinism much more damaging, but that's a whole different topic.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you are not as balanced as you pretend to be B4L. You badly need some biblical discernment. And for you to say that Calvinism is a whole lot worse is to evidence your shallow theology.

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    POSTS like a KJVO...

AGREES with KJVOs...

ACTS like a KJVO...

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...

Geneva/Tynsdale BOTh can claim same "correctness; as the Kjv!

And the ORIGINALS are the perfect word of the Lord, NOT any version!