1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Regeneration and Faith

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jbh28, Feb 15, 2012.

?
  1. Regeneration chronologically precedes faith.

29.4%
  2. Regeneration logically precedes faith but not chronologically.

17.6%
  3. Regeneration and faith happen at the same time.

23.5%
  4. Faith precedes regeneration logically but not chronologically.

5.9%
  5. Faith precedes regeneration chronologically.

23.5%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And by the same token.

These all died in faith, not having received the promises,----includes Abraham

Are all these currently regenerated?

But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: -----How?

We have the Holy Spirit from God the Father through Jesus the Christ the Son putting us in Christ making us heirs of eternal life, not inheritors but heirs.
    We will die in the bosom of Christ awaiting his return and the regeneration.

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

The only begotten Son of God the Father, the one seed of Abraham, currently is the only one that has been through regeneration. He also after having been through the regeneration received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit Acts 2:33 then and then only could it be given to us. John 16:7 for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you;

How did he Jesus receive the promise of the Spirit that the promise of the Spirit might be given to us?????

Gal 3:22 YLT but the Writing did shut up the whole under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ may be given to those believing.
    Gal 3:14 YLT that to the nations the blessing of Abraham may come in Christ Jesus, that the promise of the Spirit we may receive through the faith.

I ask did the faith precede the regeneration???

Regeneration and Faith

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Isaiah 67:1, Jude 2:7, Revelation 23:17, Acts 29:12, and 3 Corinthians 3:17. They're in ther if you dig deep enough....:laugh:

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yep, they NEVER provide scripture to support regeneration before faith, because they CAN'T. It's not there, there is absolutely ZERO scriptures that supports this doctrine. You don't get this doctrine from the word of God, you get it from man.

Don't be fooled folks, like that old commercial, ask them "Where's the beef?". You'll get dead silence from them. I don''t know about you, but I want a real hamburger, not some fake veggie burger.

Don't be fooled by their psuedo arrogance and confidence, they've got nothing and they know it.

#23 Winman, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
  4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jn 3:8 is not concerning 'the promise of the Spirit', it's referring to the birth from above, two different things.

5. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

Did not Jesus have to raise Lazarus so he could come forth?

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The rich man in hell was as dead as a "door knob", yet he communed with Abraham. Adam and Eve spoke with God after they died as well.

Jesus said the dead that hear shall live. A spiritually dead person can hear, and those that hear will live. Hearing brings life, not life brings hearing.

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It does seem as if there are some here who read backwards. This is why the cart always comes before the horse.
    MB

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Maybe God foreordained this? Or did they choose to believe it to be this way? :)

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure. I was looking this morning for scripture that explained why some do not read from the front to the back, or from left to right. I couldn't find any, forcing me to apply my own understanding as to why. How ever to remain with in the rules of the board I dare not post them even though they must be true. After all Logic demands it to be so. Not to mention I am the one who thought them up.;)
    MB

10. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Of course! I don't deny regeneration. I don't believe a person can believe without being regenerated. I believe faith is a gift from God and it's received when one is regenerated.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Did you try the Hebrew Masoretic Text??

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Unless you have faith as a child you cannot enter into the Kingdom.
    --Even children have faith. It is innate, inherent with every person. It is the object of the faith that is important. The object of my faith is Christ and his atoning work, and therefore I am saved.

The object of a Muslim's faith is Allah, but make no mistake the Muslim has faith, great faith. He has enough faith to blow himself up believing that in so doing it will guarantee him a place in paradise. That is the only "type" of eternal security there is in Islam--martyrdom. And many have faith in it.

13. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Yes, faith in Christ was what I meant.

14. Forest

Forest New Member

Gal 5:22. Some of God's born again children do not excercise the faith that comes as a fruit of the Spirit.

15. Forest

Forest New Member

Eternal salvation and regeneration are two different things, All of God's elect were eternally saved by Christ's work on the cross. His elect, after they are born into this world as natural beings are quickened by God (regenerated), and sometime after that some of God's elect are converted.

16. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

What's your verse to say one is born again and not have the gift of faith?

17. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

1. Whats the verse that says "after"?
    2. Are you saying by "some" that there are some of God's elect that are not converted? Do they go to heaven or hell?

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Wrong, flat out wrong. You have someone spiritually alive outside of Christ. You have someone spiritually alive and yet dead in sins and trespasses. Wrong, flat out wrong.

There is no life outside of Jesus Christ. No one is spiritually alive outside of Jesus Christ. No one is regenerated outside of Jesus Christ. Those who are spiritually alive have been placed in Christ Jesus the Lord, and not outside of Him.

19. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

To me, its all apart of the salvation "package" from God unto those who are the Elect...

To me regeneration/faith/repentance etc ALL from God and Of God, so the monent one is justified and becomes a saint unto Lord occurs to us as essentially at same thing, as part of the "process!"

Don't beleive that God regerates us for long period of time bfore actually placing faith in jesus and getting saved!

20. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

isn't Forest though a primitive Baptist?

So would tend to see it "different" than most would hear on the BB?