1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Regeneration before faith can it be proven?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MB, Oct 25, 2019.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it can't be proven from scripture then it must be false Please show scriptural proof.
    MB.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 6:65 is pretty clear that no man can come to Christ unless granted by the Father.
    1 Cor. 2:12-14 the natural man cannot understand the things of God unless the Spirit gives him understanding. This would include the truth of the Gospel.

Those are just a couple and this idea that it cannot be shown in Scripture is nonsense.

Now, I await your Scripture twisting reply.

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So exactly where do either of these verses say we are regenerated before faith? In Corinthians the Spirit gives understanding I agree but understanding isn't faith. Understanding does not mean you believe. I understand the theory of evolution but I don't believe it I don't have to twist anything to be able to see the truth. Although it seems you must be doing exactly that.
    In Jn 6:65 Is coming to Christ, faith? And How is this regeneration? There is no mention of faith or, regeneration in either passage. I understand you believe these support it but I don't There is nothing here about either of those subjects.
    Regeneration is being saved. Look it up in the dictionary. If you have to be regenerated in order to have faith you are then saved with out the gospel because you didn't understand it until you were regenerated.

MB

4. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is exactly why this conversation is pointless because you are so brainwashed that even when presented plain reason you have to twist things.

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    David I didn't twist any thing Neither of those verses have anything to do with the subject. I just can't see what or how you come to your conclusion because of your poor explanation.
    MB

6. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've proven you can't see/understand much of anything on just about any topic actually so that is not surprising to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose you think me blind and deaf.Of course that's it I'm not saved by the very implication.
    MB

8. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I think you willfully ignore the truth because you don't like it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Regeneration before faith can it be proven?"
    No thanks, MB.

Any Scripture I present would all be a matter of "interpretation".
    No, I personally don't....can't speak for David, of course.
    However, I do think that you hate me and anything that I might bring to the table.

I wish you well in your thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ"

Do you see regeneration before faith in the above comment? Why or why not?

Ephesians 2:4-9 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    MB, you are moving the goal posts so that you cannot lose your bet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not one of you have even come close to proving regeneration before faith. No Faith No Grace What's really funny is most of you.think you have proven it no matter how much you wish you could, you still haven't.
    MB

13. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anyone ignores truth is you. You attempt to prove your points by interpretation and it can't be done because your interpretation is not God's. God's interpretation is that scripture interprets scripture. This is why you can't convince me of your particular version of what scripture is really saying. It is you who has no truth because I believe in truth.
    MB

15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where have I moved anything. You are unable to prove regeneration before faith and that just frustrates you. So you like the rest accuse me which is hypocritical. Before you judge me you really should take a long hard look at your self.
    MB

16. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    I actually quoted scripture that makes the case for me. Whether you accept it or you move the goalposts is your issue, not mine.

17. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ever since you came it's been nothing but accusation's coming from you. Who made you judge over men. Are you convinced accusations will win the argument for you? Grow up and prove your points with scripture.instead of your opinions. None of the scriptures you have presented prove men are Regenerated before faith.
    MB

18. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Address the issue please.

Do you see regeneration before faith in the above comment? Why or why not?

Ephesians 2:4-9 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This verse alone proves faith is requied before Salvation or regeneration.
    Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
    MB

20. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This says exactly what I have claimed all along it's underlined so you can't miss it. Grace comes through faith. No Faith No Grace
    MB