1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Religious parents lose custody of transgender teen for refusing hormone treatment

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Hamilton County, Ohio, judge took a transgender teen away from her parents on Friday because they refused to allow the 17-year-old to undergo hormone treatments as part of a female-to-male transition.

Judge Sylvia Sieve Hendon awarded custody of the teenager to her grandparents, who will be allowed to make medical decisions for the minor and legally change her name.

The parents objected to the transition procedures because of their religious beliefs and refused to call their daughter by her chosen, male name, court records show.

“It is unfortunate that this case required resolution by the Court as the family would have been best served if this could have been settled within the family after all parties had ample exposure to the reality of the fact that the child truly may be gender-nonconforming and has a legitimate right to pursue life with a different gender identity than the one assigned at birth,” Judge Hendon wrote in her decision.

Religious parents lose custody of transgender teen for refusing hormone treatment

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    so sad

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    but if you dont have your child in a car seat - you could just about loose your drivers license

4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, seeing that recently there were two boys dressed in drag who posed with two naked male drag queens(separate incidences BTW), and they were lauded, nothing else surprises me these days.

Isaiah 5:20

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hamilton County is more or less Cincinnati or that area. Not too good on Ohio geography as I seldom go east.

These chemicals and surgeries given to minors are Mengelian and a disgrace to any modern country. How backward can we be?

Psalms 96:5 (KJV) For all the gods of the nations [are] idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

Genesis 1:27 (KJV) So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

6. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't even know what to say. I can't imagine that extreme action would be off the table if I was that father.

7. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't say that I care. I would kick my kid out if they went queer so it really wouldn't matter.

• Prayers Prayers x 2
  8. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why?

9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does the government have the power to order these Menglelian experiments on minors? What kind of perverts are licensed by the government? Shouldn't we apologize to Germany?