1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rep. Murtha Dead at 77

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 8, 2010.

1. targus

targus New Member

Considering that it was God that called Murtha home and not Aaron perhaps you should take it up with God if you are unhappy about it.

Don't you trust God's plan for Murtha and the rest of us?

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did God cause the surgeon to make a mistake?

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I don't think any of us can say whether God did that or not. Are you saying God isn't able to do that?

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems a strange thing for a loving God to do. If God did it then a doctor should never be held liable for any 'mistakes' made. After all God never makes a mistake, right? And, if we do something that causes others harm, well God who really did it, it's not our fault.

That idea opens a whole can of worms.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Here's the crux of all your problems CTB...you don't think God is in control.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    of course not. When one holds to the notion that the Word of God is just a book of words and therefore God could not keep His word pure (contrary to scripture itself) then where would you get the understanding of God Bout anything other than what you think is a reliable personal experience.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CTB sez:
    LOVE ain't the only attribute of God that is displayed in His word.:BangHead:

Don't try to pigeon-hole Him into the "lovey-dovey" character that the left loves so much - there's far more to God than this!!!!

Strange??? Read the OT for a few examples of another side of God; whether it's acceptable to the world or not.

(Same today, yesterday, and tomorrow.)

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

What a pathetic thread.

9. targus

targus New Member

What an odd question.

I have no idea what God's plan is for anyone in particular.

I just trust.

Don't you?

10. targus

targus New Member

Do you really think this?

Or are you joking?

Playing the devil's advocate?

This doesn't sound like the type of thinking that one normally expects from a mature Christian.

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev being his old untruthful self again. All I said was that show me a book without words and I will show you a blank book.

Also, this from a man who said that Eve's words in Genesis were not important. Guess that shows his view of all women and their words.

Now, back to the topic. If Calvinists are correct and God causes all to happen that happens, then how can you hold a surgeon for a slip of the knife?

12. targus

targus New Member

Actually the topic is the passing of Murtha.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Flat out lie on both counts.

You suggested that experience was as important as scripture because the Bible was just a book of words.

And I have never made any statement resembling your lie. Ever.

14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, so it is. Thanks.

Anyway, if Calvinists are correct and God preordained all then no doctor should ever be held liable for any mistakes.

15. targus

targus New Member

After concurring that the topic is the passing of Murtha you proceed to continue with your off topic stream-of-consciousness post. :laugh:

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again, telling half-truths and untruths. Shame on you ... a Rev.

You must have the entire post ... from about two years ago. I do not remember exactly the post, but I am sure I was saying something like that we can learn about God from our experiences. If God moves in the experiences of our lives, then we can learn of him through those experiences ... like answered prayer or his opening doors and showing us his will.

If memory serves me correctly I was discussing with you ways in which my spouse and I determined that it was God's will for us to go to work at the seminary in Prague. An example was how we found a person, two doors from us, who needed a place to live exactly the same time we were to be away. His house had just sold and he had to move out, but could not retire and move to Massachusetts for six months.

You, in your confused ways, decided that I was saying that experience was as important as scripture. That isn't so and you know I never said that. But you have, very dishonestly, taken that idea and said it over and over and over. So please start being honest.

Also, if I remember correctly your completely refused to answer questions I asked you at that time.

I calmly replied to you over several weeks. This was when I was new on the board and believed you were a rational person. After all I am an optimist and assume people that I meet are honest and rational until they prove themselves otherwise. You succeeded in proving your irrationality and dishonesty to me over those several weeks. I see you have not changed.

There was a thread about Genesis and creation and in one of your posts you said that Eve's words were unimportant. I should have copied the post and kept it, but I didn't.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good luck with that.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Either that, or He did not prevent him. Either way, God did it.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've never read Romans 9, have you.

20. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many times. But you see I was predestined to believe in free will.

Aaron also wrote:
    No not at all. There are bad things that happen. It is not that God did not prevent it ... it is that such things can happen in the natural law world we live in. If there had been no fall it might be different. The "evil one" should get some credit for bad things that happen.

#60 Crabtownboy, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010