1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Report: Baptists’ Impressive Life Expectancy Linked To Casserole Consumption

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JOHNSON CITY, TN—It’s been well documented that Baptists live longer than nonbelievers and even members of other faith traditions. A landmark study released Wednesday claims to have discovered the reason for their increased longevity: the casserole.

In the 1980s, researchers at East Tennessee State University set out to observe the life expectancy of members of each major faith tradition—as well as that of the nation’s nonreligious community—with the ambitious Project to Observe Total Lifespans of the Unchurched and Churched (POTLUC), which surveyed roughly 50,000 people over three decades. When researchers took notice within the first few years that the Baptists were living significantly longer than anyone else being studied, they dedicated workers and funds toward figuring out why.

After careful analysis, the main lifestyle factor setting the Baptists apart from all others became clear: Baptist churchgoers eat a tremendous amount of casserole. Significantly more than any other people group in the nation.

“It makes sense if you think about it—this is a dish that can provide all five food groups in one bite,” says nutritional psychologist John Marzetti. “It’s a superfood, really.”

http://babylonbee.com/news/report-baptists-impressive-life-expectancy-linked-casserole-consumption/

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crabby,
    Why are you spoiling all the fun - and I thought that would be a great way to increase our Baptist membership.....

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't hurt. I wonder how many people's first real contact with a Baptist church and it's members was at a church supper. I know several.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, gee-whiz Salty. I thought I was adding to the fun. After watching or participating in the water-slide baptism they could all enjoy those Baptist celebration casseroles.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist