1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rev. Ted Haggard!!! WOW...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Nov 3, 2006.

1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Matthew 22 and Matthew 25

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I would agree with you if ministers chose to preach but preaching is a calling from God. How does one quit doing what God has called him to do? I think he needs to preach through his shame and continue to serve as his heart leads him. Should he pastor soon, no. But his life is a true reflection that God uses the worst in this world for his service. Sinner is a pre-requisite to coming to Christ.

3. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Apparently you are assuming that all preachers are called of God. Obviously (to me), that is not the case. While some are called of God, others are on an ego trip, just following the family profession, or some other reason.

Also, is there a scripture that says a minister's call is for life? Remember, Jesus is our Priest and King, so that doesn't apply here. I think too many Christians define God's will for themselves.

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

What do you say about this?
    Is this not a bit harsh? Where does this pastor want to know if Haggard is saved or not? I find this pretty judgemental and unloving. Maybe he really messed up and really is sorry for what he did, who knows?

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=&sermonID=1160611040