1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revelation 17 :8 why "Yet is"

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by william s. correa, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. standingfirminChrist

Calling me standingunfirminSelf is not only an attack on my character, but an attack questioning my salvation.

Would you like to try again?

2. kubel

kubel New Member

Linda64,

Yes, I'm fairly active over at OnlineBaptist.com. The reason why I don't discuss the KJVO issue is because it is banned by their rules. I also don't like to get involved all that much because it has a tendancy to bring out the very worst in believers. People on both sides respond with personal attacks, hate and disrespect. But I think I posted with respect and love thus far.

I absolutely agree that there is no problem using the KJV. I am KJVP myself, so I accept the KJV as the best translation for me. But I do not accept the view that it is the only legitimate translation. I do not accept that it is inerrant.

Because you have faith that the KJV is inerrant, you will not accept any of the evidence that shows it is not, no matter how obvious that evidence may be. That's how I was too.

There is most certainly a difference between someone use uses the KJV and someone who is following KJVO. I was a KJVO myself, brought up in it as a child, so I am very familiar with its existance AND its teachings. It is a very real doctrine that is taught at many churches.

I made no personal attacks or misrepresented anyone in my post. I shared my personal testimony with respect and love. I hope you don't look at me as someone who is attacking you. You are my sister in Christ.

God Bless,

Kubel

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Once again we are on page five and thelast page is full of offtopic nonsense and personal attacks. I don't have time to clean it all up so I am just going to close it.

Any future threads on this topic will be deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.