1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Revelation 6:8 interpretation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Mar 29, 2012.

1. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Charming but previously you said.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try this:
    1.) I did not suggest MY opinion was better than your scholars, in fact I (very intentionally) said your statement might send "some people" through the roof so as to render it more general and not personally about my view. But whatever, they are just words.:rolleyes:
    2.) Consider the possibility that there are similarly "scholars with PHD's" who would disagree with your "scholars with PHD's"? Might I have been refering to some of those? Either way, it is an informal logical fallacy to argue from authority like this.
    3.) Inasmuch as sheer accuracy is concerned....the AGE means nil.

One of these days...this question is going to blow up in your face. It happened to me once.....I have never asked it in that manner since. :thumbs:

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing wrong with the KJV in turns of theological truths. However for accuracy and a better translation more reflective on the originals I'd refer to the ESV, NIV, or the NKJV. I know that we are not going to agree on this matter so lets just agree to disagree.