1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Review: Google Chrome has become surveillance software. It’s time to switch.

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Revmitchell, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You open your browser to look at the web. Do you know who is looking back at you?

Over a recent week of web surfing, I peered under the hood of Google Chrome and found it brought along a few thousand friends. Shopping, news and even government sites quietly tagged my browser to let ad and data companies ride shotgun while I clicked around the web.

This was made possible by the web’s biggest snoop of all: Google. Seen from the inside, its Chrome browser looks a lot like surveillance software.

Review: Google Chrome has become surveillance software. It’s time to switch. – Silicon Valley

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Couple days ago I was on Amazon looking for a little wooden box for some storage. Next site I went to was MSN. Yep, there were the little wooden boxes that I had been looking at a few seconds before - who says they are tracking us? :)

I use firefox :-(