1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rick Perry for POTUS

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 18, 2011.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't matter. There is a WC law. As I stated, you may not like it , but there is one.

Now that I've told you the truth, you can't claim ignorance anymore. If you persist , you are simply lying.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't shudder at the thought, but I don't like it much.

That being said, he would be infinitely preferable to the moron currently occupying the white house.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Nope no law.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine.

You're a liar.

5. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

He along with the legislature refused to use the rainday fund of several billion dollars to balance the budget instead he required the legislature to cut spending. He vetoed a bill that would have allowed the CPS or Police to enter a persons home and remove their children based on an anonomous tip that the children were being abused. Texas has had jobs created during this recession because of the fiscal responsibilty of our state government. The Governor has requested the President to sit down and talk with him on several issues and received a cold shoulder. He even wrote the President a letter and tried to hand it to him as they shook hands at a stop over the President had in Texas he rejected the letter. So if we Texans want something done we have the Governor fighting for us.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Apparently there is a WC law which screws all workers except government employees. Sounds very "Texas."

7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Texas and Florida are the two best states to work in, not sure where your opinion comes from since I have worked in several states and believe Texas is the best.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

A little knowledge is a dangrous thing.

The facts:

Only 16% of Texas employees are not covered by worker's comp, almost all of them are hired by employers who have less than 5 employees...the same group that most states exempt from so called "mandatory" coverage.

It's a big deal over nothing.

Texas' workers comp system works. Business is booming. It's hard to argue with success.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe I should start looking @ Rick Santorum. Probably not a snowballs chance but he represents Conservative Values (I think)....will have to do some due diligence

10. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Check out Herman Cain

http://www.hermancain.com/

This from the website:In God is Our Trust
    Our Founding Fathers recognized a higher power in the formation of this nation when they said in the Declaration of Independence that all men are created equal and that they are “endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights.”

It was no accident that in some of our earlier years as a free and independent nation that our leaders added “In God We Trust” to all of our currency.

And to send a message to the rest of the world when Communism was on the rise in the 1950s, Congress added the words “under God” to our pledge of allegiance. They were not just words. It was a collective reaffirmation that we know the ultimate source of our greatness as a nation.

America’s moral foundation does not need to be rewritten. It needs to be respected and taught to our children and grandchildren. It is the basis for our concept of freedom. As former President Ronald Reagan reminded us many years ago:

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the blood stream. It must be fought for and protected and handed on for them to do the same. Or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and grandchildren what is used to be like in the United States when men were free.”

We are free because “In God Is Our Trust.”

He also spoke out about the defunding of "planned genocide" which is what he calls Planned Parenthood.

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I also like Cain, but the mainstream media is doing their darnedest to ignore him.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope....not when Cain refuses to sign the Susan B Anthony Document against abortion. He & Romney just played his hand out there.

13. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Did you read his reason why Cain did not sign it? He believes in the Constitution! May his tribe increase.

Herman Cain:

“I support right-to-life issues unequivocally and I adamantly support the first three aspects of the Susan B. Anthony pledge involving appointing pro-life judges, choosing pro-life cabinet members, and ending taxpayer-funded abortions. However, the fourth requirement demands that I ‘advance’ the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. As president, I would sign it, but Congress must advance the legislation.

“I have been a consistent and unwavering champion of pro life issues. In no way does this singular instance of clarification denote an abandonment of the pro-life movement, but instead, is a testament to my respect for the balance of power and the role of the presidency.”

-- Press Release statement posted on June 18, 2011.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just heard Rudy will be announcing in 2-4 weeks. I would prefer him if thats true & he represents the NY Metro area of which I'm a member....how's that for partisan:smilewinkgrin:?

15. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

He is ignored because he is african american and republican, doesn't fit their liberal mindset of African Americans.

16. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

You mean the moderate to liberal Rudy?

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's conservative enough for me & he knows how to get things done. I observed how he turned NYC around & cleaned it up. He supported the cops & fireman & he made NY run again & it took guts to do it.

If you think you know liberal....you should have seen Mayor Dinkens LOL!

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Rick Perry and Texas’ Real Economic Advantage

As Governor Rick Perry positions for his big run, it’s worth examining what accomplishments he can and can’t take credit for. The importance of the exercise stretches beyond his campaign. You can expect that other states might try to duplicate Texas’ relative success in weathering the economic crisis. It’s important that they replicate what works rather than merely believing the propaganda....
    http://blog.chron.com/goplifer/2011/06/rick-perry-and-texas-real-economic-advantage/