1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Right of Conscience Rule

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by LeBuick, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Why did Bush wait until the last minute to pass this law? Now it can be overturned by the next administration. I think Doctors should have a choice in participating in a procedure against their belief's.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-conscience2-2008dec02,0,7013690.story

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Personally, I think the opposition to this measure is presenting 'a much to do about nothing'.

It has been law that professionals were not required to perform procedures contrary to their conscience. Still, it has not protected individuals from being terminated, if, in the course of their duties under their employer, they refuse to perform a duty....... such as a pharmacist employed by a chain, refusing to dispense the morning after pill.

I'm glad President Bush has decided to add emphasis to this measure even if it increases polarization. No doubt the opposition is already rising..... even as the question is opened here in the OP. It is time for folks to recognize that these issues are not merely shadows of evil vs good.... The light will reveal where people stand. Personally, I would prefer to trust my life in the hands of a doctor who has a moral conviction to save life than a doctor willing to view a baby in the womb as a piece of parasitic tissue: How offensive! Why should a doctor be forced to do the abominable things such as abortion, or artificially inseminate a homos@xual couple against his own conscience and the performance of his oath to do no harm. Why should a nurse be forced against her conscience to assist a doctor in the performance of an abortion when her skills are of vital interest and use elsewhere.... and it seems there is no lack of persons willing to perform such duties for a price.

As for this extending to protect the auxiarlly personnell involved in the autoclaving of surgical instruments or cleaning and disinfecting the operating theatre...... I doubt seriously that President Bush's action would extend such protections against conscience and job protections.... but this is an emotional and sabre rattling of the pro-abortion crowd to drum up sympathy and fear in others who would be persuaded by such arguements.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It'll be all for naught once Obama the abortion king, takes office.

He won't think it's fair that some doctors don't want to kill babies as much as he wants them to.

He'll back legislation to force them.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Had Bush of pushed this thru sooner, Obama would not be able to rescind it.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think it stands a better chance of nor being rescinded if he only includes the doctors this go around. If he cripples the entire medical system it is sure to be rescinded.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wrong.

Why don't you write your buddy , Obama, and ask him why he does his utmost to make sure it's easy to kill babies.

After all, you supported him. I'm sure he'll give you a good Christian answer.

#6 carpro, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2008
  7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You didn't say why I'm wrong. Just sarcasm.

To answer your sarcasm, he believes in freedom of choice.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you have no complaint coming.

You knew it and voted for him anyhow and this is part of the package.

Are you ashamed yet?:tear:

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No Sir, I am not ashamed for doing what I believed was best.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then it is hypocritical of you to complain about the steps he takes to aid in the killing of babies.

You knew what he stood for and supported him anyway. Still do.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'm not hypocritical because i'm not complaining about Obama since I knew what he would do. My post was about Bush who was SUPPOSED to be pro-life yet he waited until the end of his administration to put forward this law. He waited until it was a law that the next administration could overturn.

Yes I do support Obama because he will TRY and turn this economy around. I like trying a lot better than the "do nothing" philosophy and I believe trying may save some of the lives of the been born. If you're going to be pro-life, be pro-all life and not just the lives you choose to be for. Otherwise you aren't pro-life, you're just anti-abortion.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: Uh huh.

Selective myopia.

As a Christian who supports killing babies, you live a life of hypocrisy.
    As long as you support abortion, you will remain a hypocrite.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So as long as you support letting one starve to death under a street bridge, you are equally a hypocrite claiming to be pro-life.

Now Capro, I don't like having this discussion of finger pointing because you never know what non-believer might happen by this board to see how the Christians act toward each other. I can go with this as far as you want to go. God is neither GOP or DEM and neither party is totally without Christian faults or are founded exclusively on Christian principles.

Abortion is one atrocity happening in this world. Until you realize God isn't a "one issue" God, you will always lean toward hypocrisy because you will be singularly choosing what cause to advocate in the name of the Lord and not representing and defending the totality of his Word.

I am leaving with this discussion for the reason's I cited above. Christians ought to stand as one in a world of evil trying to tear us apart.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is this relevant? Who do you know that supports this?

15. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

God is a 'one issue" God. He gives man the choice: But He warns "choose life." In all his Word... in all His love.... he shows us the choice........ yes it is ours...to chose life or to chose death. I know the choice I've made. My question is, do you know the choices you're making? Do you not see how even on this board, professing that you are a Christian, you attack the stand of Christian brothers and sisters who find their convictions made in God's Word.

I hope when non Christians visit this board.... they realize the differences they hear represented here are differences between the carnal and the spiritual, though I doubt it. ......That takes a move of the Holy Spirit. And like it or not.... not everyone who is a member of this board or who posts so prolifically is a Christian. I tremble in concern for your own heart condition. Jesus told the pharisees that there remains no medicine for those who claim they are in good health.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

By the logic used against the Obama voters, anyone who voted for a candidate who would cut welfare or aid to the needy.

Stupid I agree, but the equivalent just the same.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

God is not a one issue God, but if God were a "one issue" God, "choose life" would not be the issue. It would be Love. You do recall Jesus saying, "A new commandment I give you etc..."?

If God gives man the choice, then he must know some will choose wrong. He must have made allowance for that or he wouldn't be an all knowing God.

That's exactly what I said. That I am a Christian and I was attacked though I find my conviction in the Word of God.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when one chooses to kill those God knows and loves that have not been born, how does that meet the criteria that Christ set to love one another?

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You are trying to make a comparison where none exists. Apples and refrigerators.

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, it doesn't. But when one chooses not to help a "been born" brother or sister in need, they are equally not meeting his criteria of Love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.