1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rioting Across America

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Steven Yeadon, May 29, 2020.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As evidence just turn on any 24 hour news channel.

This thread is to discuss the riots, looting, and even peaceful demonstrations (though few they seem to be) that are happening across the nation from the East coast to the West Coast.

Also the CNN building in Atlanta was sieged and attacked by rioters. I know they give evangelical Christians a bad name and hate our beliefs and our God. However, we should still pray for them and try to love them, according to scripture.

The police fortunately got the rioters away from the building. It is shocking really. The mayor of Atlanta was very emotional when talking about this incident. A flash bang device was even thrown among the police, who had to spread out immediately to not be injured.

Fire & Fury: Crowd Attacks CNN Center in Atlanta

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody has to get up and go to work and the government is sending another check so there is plenty of free time to riot.

Why don't these cities call up the national guard right away to restore order? Of course, if Indianapolis riots, I doubt if the Indianapolis police could contain the riots and I have no idea what the Democrat Mayor of Indianapolis would do.

At least in Minneapolis, the leftist Mayor called for the rioters to maintain social distance and wear masks, as if that is going to happen or as if the Mayor can enforce his call for social distancing and masks. Since most younger people just shake the Chinese virus off, we may not see any significant spike in cases in the cities that are rioting or protesting.

3. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I totally agree.

4. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps the saddest thing in all of this is that George Floyd was a Godly Christian man and rather than weep over his martyrdom, Christians are focusing on looters and buildings.
    Let a thousand buildings burn and all that stuff burning still isn't worth the loss of a humans life.
    As Christians we should be angry at the murder of our brother, but instead...we worry about property.
    We are so very broken. "Dear God come heal our churches so that we might be the ones who can heal these broken communities."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What a smug comment. Are you losing your business and livelihood to rioters? I'm saddened that a Christian can't walk and chew gum at the same time. You can't have pity on both Floyd and this guy? Watch the video.

Something's wrong with your heart if it's hardened toward this man.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is anger among the black community that just won't go away. I see three things stoking the flames.

First it was SARS-Cov-2 that exposed the racial injustices in a new way. Blacks were and are disproportionately affected by Rona.

Next we had the hunting down and shooting of a joggingA Arbery.

And finally we had Any Cooper who put it as it is. She threatened to call in a black suspect. She revelled in her whiteness and a black man's liability for being black.

If you deny present racial injustices, these riots will no doubt appear to you as deranged, and especially if you have never been a victim of such injustices.

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot to mention your throwing gasoline on the fire, just sayin'

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Calminian

Site Supporter

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    People are justified to be angry. We all should be outraged of that man's death at the hands of men who were there for protecting the community.

There is a right way and a wrong way to deal with righteous anger. People choose their actions based on the state of their heart.

2 Timothy 3:1-5. But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some tried to crash the WH, and Trump stated that anyone who tries to jump the barrier will find themselves attacked by viscous guard dogs and well trained guards!

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    VIDEO: Leftist Protester Killed, Dragged by FedEx Truck in Downtown St. Louis after Mob Shuts Down Highway and Attack His Truck
    Rioter drug to his death stuck under double tractor trailer wheels of a FED EX truck. I am sure the truck driver was scared to death and panicking of being dragged out of his cab and beaten and killed, just like has happened before. There is an actual video of this which started with rioters setting up a roadblock and lighting fires on a road. I would not vote to convict that truck driver of any crime, he could not have known, and those rioters were swarming all over his truck, which they were trying to break into to loot it. Which they did to other trucks. I saw one double tractor trailer UPS truck in another video moving slowly down the road where looters pried up the door and packages were flung out the back

12. Calminian

Site Supporter

What we have is a sin nature that affects all shades of men. True racism focuses on the sins of one race, and excuses the sins of another. It's exactly what MLK preached against.

13. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh yeah, even slavery was just 'sin nature'

What else is 'sin nature'?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think only whites have a sin nature?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you so incensed when black muslims on still today practicing slavery on fellow blacks?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "present racial injustices" - a virus, some liberal crazy dog owner that was being trolled by some liberal black, a "jogger", i.e., convict stupid enough to run towards a shotgun that was never even pointed at him?

What do you know about being a victim of injustice?

So you think the riots appear deranged to that business owner? How 'bout to Antifa?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A 911 call was made by someone indicating that Mr. Floyd was involved in some sort of criminal activity. If true, was activity of that sort the deeds of a "Godly" and "Christian" man?

18. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If this is true, then his death was the act of Jesus Christ who puts the believer to sleep. End of thread.

19. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know if George Floyd was a Christian. The cop who killed him and George Floyd worked at a club. Something I would not expect of a Christian.

That said, I think it is premature to declare the dead man an unbeliever for a criminal infraction, assuming he did it, which hasn't been proven. We don't know his heart.

20. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believers can be put to sleep by the wickedness of the Enemy's children. They still face hell for their sin, as those who took Christ's life faced. If they did not repent. It's still injustice to be punished.

As for whether George Floyd was a Christian, post #19 gives my take.