1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Schuller?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Carolyn Dee, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Schuller's not my cup of tea, no. I think he needs to emphasise sinful nature more. But I don't think his preaching style or messages are outright unbiblical. They're just not the balance I'm looking for.

However, I do wish my own pastor (who talks about sinful nature to the point where that's sometimes all he talks about) would inject more positive Christianity aspects into his own sermons.

Now, my cousin (whose name is also John) who is a baby Christian, would benefit from Schuller's messages more in his early walk (my cousin came from a background of incredibly low spiritual self esteem). Had he come into my church, he probably would not have come back.

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

JohnV said:

"Now, my cousin (whose name is also John) who is a baby Christian, would benefit from Schuller's messages more in his early walk (my cousin came from a background of incredibly low spiritual self esteem). Had he come into my church, he probably would not have come back."

How incredibly naive! A new Christian is the last Christian who should be exposed to the false gospel Schuller espouses. It is at this time they are the most likely to believe things wolves like Schuller preach.

Obviously, the best thing your cousin could do is to not go to you for spiritual advice.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

How sad for you that you so freely would be so judgemental of me. According to my cousin, it was I who brought him to the Lord. I say that not to brag, but instead am thankful that the Lord allowed me to be his light to a family member.

While I respect your disagreement on topics, including this one, your last comments were uncalled for.

4. Bro. Jeff

Bro. Jeff New Member

Gee.

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Yes John I will agree with you. My last comment was harsh. I regret having stated it, especially in the manner in which I did. I apologize for my rudeness.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Thank you, TH, I apreciate it. No harm done. I think it best to agree that we as Christians both mean well, but that we simply respectfully diagree on this particular subject.

7. JGrayhound

JGrayhound New Member

You know the issue of whether or not Schuller teaches a false gospel is back or white...either he does or he doesn't. There is no middle ground on that issue.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I generally don't classify every person whom I disagree with, or who's not my cup of tea, to be a false teacher. If that were so, then Jerry Falwell, Charles Stanley, D James Kennedy, Adrian Rodgers, many of you guys, and even my own pastor, would be false teachers. In fact, I've said many times on this board, while I respect these men greatly, I disgree with them on occaision. Who doesn't?

[ November 21, 2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Johnv ]

9. JGrayhound

JGrayhound New Member

The issue is not if I agree or disagree with him...the issue is over the true gospel.

I am sorry you cannot see that.

10. Rocco

Rocco New Member

If I were to take my unsaved grandchildren or anyone else to a church to here the Gospel and Christ preached it wouldn't be Schuller's !