1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Robots and Free Will

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jbh28, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

When lucifer was in heaven sin hadn't yet been defeated, so I'd say no, he didn't have that nature. He had a mutable nature, which is able to be corrupted by sin.

We were made in the image of God, the scripture never indicates that the angels were also, so I suspect things are different for us than them.

“The yearning to know what cannot be known, to comprehend the incomprehensible, to touch and taste the unapproachable, arises from the image of God in the nature of man. Deep calleth unto deep, and though polluted and landlocked by the mighty disaster theologians call the Fall, the soul senses its origin and longs to return to its source.”
    ― A.W. Tozer

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

That's a good, well-reasoned, and logical response. It's a thought-producer, so I'll think on it. :)

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I totally agree and if there had been no sin there would have been no evil.
    Why did Cain kill his brother Abel?

I know most on here get tired of me posting but think about it.

Where did this sin and evil really come from? God created the first man Adam with ability to make a choice but why does man make the choices he makes? There are none righteous no not one. Why has not one man conceived by man born of woman been able to make the right choices?

Why did God create man? Why did he create him as he did? I do not believe man fell from anything. Why from the time it was said "Let their be light," the Lamb had been slain.

Why was the serpent, Satan the Devil in the garden God had planted and where God put the man he had made?

From my SS lesson this morning. Luke 4:5,6,7 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

My SS teacher said he was lying for he was a lair from the beginning.
    Was he lying? Did Jesus call his hand on this statement?

Heb 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world (Same Greek word as in Luke 4) to come, whereof we speak.

What is man?

Man was made so that the Christ could be born as a man and die so that through death he could destroy the devil who has the power of death. This was done through God the Father giving life again to his only begotten Son who had died by resurrection from the dead. When we are resurrected from the dead as he was, we will be created in the same image as he, "who is the image of the invisible God, first-born of all creation," Who is, "the beginning, the firstborn from the dead: that in all he might have the preeminence."

What is man?

But we see Jesus.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: (Same Greek word as other two.) he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Was Satan here when man arrived on the scene?

Are we not like we are because God made us as we are for a purpose?

Is this a totally warped understanding of the scriptures and if so please point out to me why so?

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I totally agree and if there had been no sin there would have been no evil.
    Why did Cain kill his brother Abel?

I know most on here get tired of me posting but think about it.

Where did this sin and evil really come from? God created the first man Adam with ability to make a choice but why does man make the choices he makes? There are none righteous no not one. Why has not one man conceived by man born of woman been able to make the right choices?

Why did God create man? Why did he create him as he did? I do not believe man fell from anything. Why from the time it was said "Let their be light," the Lamb had been slain.

Why was the serpent, Satan the Devil in the garden God had planted and where God put the man he had made?

From my SS lesson this morning. Luke 4:5,6,7 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

My SS teacher said he was lying for he was a lair from the beginning.
    Was he lying? Did Jesus call his hand on this statement?

Heb 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world (Same Greek word as in Luke 4) to come, whereof we speak.

What is man?

Man was made so that the Christ could be born as a man and die so that through death he could destroy the devil who has the power of death. This was done through God the Father giving life again to his only begotten Son who had died by resurrection from the dead. When we are resurrected from the dead as he was, we will be created in the same image as he, "who is the image of the invisible God, first-born of all creation," Who is, "the beginning, the firstborn from the dead: that in all he might have the preeminence."

What is man?

But we see Jesus.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: (Same Greek word as other two.) he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Are we not like we are because God made us as we are for a purpose?

Is this a totally warped understanding of the scriptures and if so please point out to me why so?

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry about the double post. Don't know what happened.

6. Forest

Forest New Member

God knows every thng that we do, but God does not predestine every thing that we do. Thats called absolutism and is a false doctrine.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

8. Forest

Forest New Member

Jesus was a perfect man who never sinned. 1 John 3:2 says it doeth not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he shall appear, we shall be like him.

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

10. Forest

Forest New Member

No, not unless Christ is morally evil, 1 John 3:2.