1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rockytopva at 3 Million

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You are a false teacher. This is taught nowhere in scripture

2. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have provided plenty of scripture.

3. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your have quoted scripture; however, the scripture that you quoted does not support your claims.

4. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe a spirit of variance will contend no matter the argument.

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I once attended a "holiness" church service & soon thought I'd entered a funny farm by accident, as the preacher was screeching incomprehensively, & people were yelling, just making noise, with some cutting dust angels on the floor. While I was unsaved at the time, I still thought, "How can THIS madness be HONORING GOD?" I soon left, & was somewhat discouraged from attending any church for awhile.

Schambach & some of those other pentecostal quax remind me some of that madhouse, "having a form of godliness while denying its POWER".

6. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Three experiences…

Saved - Simply accepting Christ by faith
    Sanctified - Experiencing Christ spiritually
    Filled with the Holy Spirit - What I would call the witness of the spirit

I like the old Methodist way sanctification was taught. If the old timers could not sense the sweet spirit of Christ in the experience they would tell you to come back tomorrow night. And smile a little as they said it, especially knowing that there were revivals and good services ahead.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... - Galatians 4:19

Once the Christ was formed the soul was considered sanctified. With the sanctification was a wonderful spirituality…

...but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Corinthians 6:4

There is no need of Calvin, Arminius, Spurgeon, Luther, and Boice... Or any other name when the Holy Spirit is with us! If we have the Holy Spirit deep down in the heart... What is the need of assurance? If the Spirit of God dwells deep within, helped along by faith in the Lord Jesus, there is simply no need of mans input to help things along.

In the video below is the farmer I would work for in the hay field... Dallas would shout at work, shout in the hay field, and shout in church. He would also speak in tongues and run the aisles. He and his wife would operate a dairy farm and he would also work at the local ammunition plant. A very large soul his shouting would ring through the building. In the altar services he would kneel behind me in prayer and tears would roll off his cheek and onto my shoulders. A wonderfully large soul. Along with Dallas there were many others like him who would let the praises roll during church service. During the altar service old Evans Linkous used to weep like a baby. And if he were to look back to catch the amazed look in my eye he would weep, "The Holy Ghost! The Holy Ghost!" And point to all the souls being blessed around the altar. After I experienced these things for myself the people would make a fuss, or in the words of the Apostle Paul, glorify God in me.

You can hear Dallas shouting in the background in this short three minute video. Dallas and Pastor Vaught have went went on to glory.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was there an INTERPRETER present when he spoke in an unknown language? Were there others thus speaking? Remember, paul wrote that all was to be done IN AN ORDERLY MANNER. A tongue-speaker must have an interpreter present or else hold his speech. And only one was to speak at a time.

Not long ago, I saw a well-known pentecostal teleminister, at the end of his show, supposedly speaking in an unknown tongue, when the service was over, & he was delivering his advertising spiel, with no one else near. I knew right off this was phony as a $3 bill, typical for a pentecostal teleminister.

Remember 1 Cor. 14, especially V. 23:
    Therefore if the whole church comes together in one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those who are uninformed or unbelievers, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The people in the Youtube videos were shouting and rejoicing in the service, so there was no need for interpretations as tongues were not given out in a message. I frankly miss the old Methodist ways that I was brought up in. I plan on writing a little paper on it and mailing it around. It is especially frightening for me to see the departure of the teachings of Sanctification the Wesleyan way. It was said in these mountains, back in the 1800's, that there was an old farmer who got upset with his horse for not plowing straight wind rows and then proceeds to whip his horse. His wife then hollers off the front porch "Not yet honey! Not yet!" When you get sanctified the Wesleyan way the first creatures to know about it are the family pets. Instead of kicking them you will rub them and show a little love.

My Great (5) Grandfather Pugh served in the Revolutionary War
    My Great (4) Grandfather Pugh settled here in Floyd County, VA
    My Great-Great-Great Grandfather Pugh farmed the land in the mid 1800's
    My Great-Great Grandfather Pugh fought in the Civil War and had 13 children
    My Great Grandmother, Flora Pugh, was the twelfth child and took care of her parents until the last one passed away in 1915.

And there is an old, abandoned Methodist church that sits by the old homesteads. The advantage that I have is that my family lived ripe old ages. My Great Grandmother grilled the old Methodist ways into the head of my grandmother, who also repeated those ways in my ears. My grandmother passed away at age 89 back in 2009 and I miss her dearly.

The old Methodist ways are this...

1. You worked hard Mo-Fr
    2. You normally cashed your checks and stopped by the store on Fridays
    3. You went to town (looking nice) on Saturday Mornings
    4. You finished up the weekly chores Saturday afternoons
    5. Fun and family Saturday nights
    6. You went to church every Sunday
    7. No work was ever done on the Sabbath.
    ***There were actual blue laws keeping these businesses closed on Sundays.

And the experiences taught like this...
    1. Justification - Faith
    2. Salvation - Accepting Jesus
    3. Sanctification - Came with a sweet spirit... And with shouting!
    4. Witness of the Spirit -Evidenced by the Holy Spirit - I do not believe any two will get the Holy Spirit the same way.

My Great Grandmother, Flora Pugh, was the twelfth child and took care of her parents until the last one passed away in 1915. She would become Pentecostal Holiness but the lifestyle was identical to the Methodist before. Our old pastor, Pastor Vaught, was from South Carolina and carried the same spirit that came down through the family. Here is another video of him.