1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rod Rosenstein Suggested Secretly Recording Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WASHINGTON — The deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, suggested last year that he secretly record President Trump in the White House to expose the chaos consuming the administration, and he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office for being unfit.

Mr. Rosenstein made these suggestions in the spring of 2017 when Mr. Trump’s firing of James B. Comey as F.B.I. director plunged the White House into turmoil. Over the ensuing days, the president divulgedclassified intelligence to Russians in the Oval Office, and revelations emerged that Mr. Trump had asked Mr. Comey to pledge loyalty and end an investigation into a senior aide.

Mr. Rosenstein was just two weeks into his job. He had begun overseeing the Russia investigation and played a key role in the president’s dismissal of Mr. Comey by writing a memo critical of his handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation. But Mr. Rosenstein was caught off guard when Mr. Trump cited the memo in the firing, and he began telling people that hefeared he had been used.

Mr. Rosenstein made the remarks about secretly recording Mr. Trump and about the 25th Amendment in meetings and conversations with other Justice Department and F.B.I. officials. Several people described the episodes, insisting on anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The people were briefed either on the events themselves or on memos written by F.B.I. officials, including Andrew G. McCabe, then the acting bureau director, that documented Mr. Rosenstein’s actions and comments.

None of Mr. Rosenstein’s proposals apparently came to fruition. It is not clear how determined he was about seeing them through, though he did tell Mr. McCabe that he might be able to persuade Attorney General Jeff Sessions and John F. Kelly, then the secretary of homeland security and now the White House chief of staff, to mount an effort to invoke the 25th Amendment.

Rod Rosenstein Suggested Secretly Recording Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, why is he still employed? I thought the President had a penchant for firing people?

At least call him on the carpet and demand his resignation.

Or is Trump going to blame Jeff Sessions (again)?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has no ahhhh Guts.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no brains. Just look at all the bold initiatives he made in less than two years.

I tell you, hatred of President Trump makes liberals dumb. Kevin, of Kevin's Corner would agree.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark Levin thinks it's probably not true and is a setup to goad Trump into firing Rosenstein before the election.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump won't be biting the bait. Everything in its proper time.

Once Judge K is installed the unredacted documents will be released. Then Rod Ro will hit the door --he's a central bad actor in all the filth of the swamp. And of course, since he'll be gone RM will end his 'investigation' hoax.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why hasn't Sessions fired him by now, and Mueller while at it?

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really need to be reading Q drops. You'd ask less questions.